Connexion strives to be the unrivaled staffing solution for both job seekers and hiring organizations by expertly connecting talent with opportunity. We build world class teams for our customers, and better the lives of our candidates by providing them with fulfilling careers.
Connexion would like to provide you with details about this new opportunity as we are seeking individuals with the following skills:
The Systems Engineer provides end-user support and customer service on company supported computers, devices, applications and platforms in a challenging and fast-paced environment. The Systems Engineer position uses familiarity and expertise with various operating systems, virtualization, mobile devices, and common business applications to provide superior technical support to our employees.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, and/or systems hardware and software.
- Responsible for supporting problem resolution, ticket ownership, ability to resolve issues expeditiously; support and maintain user account information including rights, security and systems groups.
- Maintain thorough and accurate documentation of ticket status and resolution.
- Configure and install PCs, network printing devices, peripherals and software.
- Provide desk-side information technology support to professionals at all levels of the organization.
- Install, configure and maintain network applications and application distribution systems.
- Deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
- Conduct research on software and systems products to keep current with Industry Standards.
- Implement and maintain network standards and guidelines. Utilize toolsets, such as Imaging software, Active Directory, and Remote Desktop.
- Ensure system security is in compliance with our policy including virus and malware protection.
- Create and troubleshoot virtual desktops in a Virtual Technology environment.
- Interact with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors regarding system-related products, repair and services.
- Operate audio/visual equipment such as Video Teleconferencing devices, projectors, and presentation hardware.
- Contribute to the implementation of projects such as migrations, upgrades, and new technologies.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems through testing and feedback; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, processes, and service records.
- Provide guidance, support, and mentoring to colleagues.
- On-call/after-hours support will be required. Scheduling is based on staffing.
- Ensure secure desktop and network configuration, policies and practices.
- Responsible for maintaining, upgrading and configuring processing systems. Also accountable for maintaining and directing incoming data.
- University degree in computer science or software engineering and/or 5-7 years equivalent work experience.
- Proven experience in participating in the design, development, and implementation of software systems, applications, and related products.
- Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices.
- Working technical knowledge of current software protocols, and Internet standards.
- Extensive experience with core business software applications.
- Experience supporting Microsoft Windows 7/10, and Office 2010/13, Desktops, laptops, printers, scanners and copiers.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange.
- Experience supporting mobile devices, including iOS, Android, Blackberry and Mobile Device Management (MDM) software.
- Excellent software troubleshooting experience.
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems.
- Ability to understand the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Problem identification, ticketing, and troubleshooting skills are required.
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues.
- Experience building and deploying Windows based products such as Windows Server and Windows 7/10 in a domain environment.
- Experience with direct attach storage/external storage.
- Strong troubleshooting, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- Reliability in ensuring network security and protecting confidential data.
- Working knowledge of encryption standards.
- Must have excellent communication skills including verbal, written, and telephone etiquette.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Must be able to solve complex problems independently and efficiently by leveraging proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Must be organized with the ability to multitask.
Date Posted: 10/7/2019
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Systems Engineer
Location: Boston, MA
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Pay Range: 90-100K
Job #: bh10529
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776