Connexion strives to be the unrivaled staffing solution for both job seekers and hiring organizations by expertly connecting talent with opportunity. We build world class teams for our customers, and better the lives of our candidates by providing them with fulfilling careers.
Connexion would like to provide you with details about this new opportunity as we are seeking individuals with the following skills:
The Billing Analyst is responsible for processing activities within the Billing function, which includes the processing for all incoming software contracts and renewals. This individual ensures all invoices are produced in accordance with the corporation’s policies and procedures and are created via the use of multiple systems.
In this role, you will:
- Participate in the global billing cycle producing monthly, quarterly and annual billings and ensure all receivables are promptly processed and accounted for prior to month-end close
- Review and interpret terms and conditions of contracts and confirm validity and accuracy of associated billing
- Ensure Sales Orders are processed timely in accordance with executed contracts
- Investigate transaction history and other support activities ensuring the related adjustments are supported with appropriate documentation and approval
- Analyze and resolve billing and pricing discrepancies in a timely manner providing communication and documented support as needed
- Conduct basic financial analysis and present results
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to support the order-to-cash process
- Build relationship with internal partners to resolve issues in a timely fashion and make recommendations to continually improve processes and increase efficiency
- Ability to work additional hours as needed (month/quarter close activities)
- Other responsibilities included but not limited to participate in special projects or ad hoc assignments
- Assist with the timely and accurate application of the company's cash receipts in a fast-paced billing department using SAP
- Research and review remittances for different payment modes (ACH, EFT payments, wire transfers, checks and credit card payments)
- Assisting with on-account, unapplied and unidentified payments and posting them to customers’ accounts at invoice level
- Prepare journal entries
- Provide supporting documentation for quarterly and annual audit of AR selections
- Prepare bank deposits for receipt of incoming payments made by paper check
- Assist collectors to resolve cash application issues and/or other requests
- Receive inbound AR related inquiries and resolve any issues that may arise
A detail-oriented, multitasker with knowledge of accounts receivable and revenue processes and how these processes interrelate and impact a company’s financial statements. Although this individual has exceptional interpersonal skills and enjoys being a team player and role model for others, they are also able to work independently as needed. This person is results-oriented and has the self-motivation to continuously learn and develop their skills.
- 2-3 years of work experience in Accounting or Finance
- Working knowledge of Accounts Receivable and Revenue processes and how these processes interrelate and impact a company’s financial statements.
- Experience using ERP systems (SAP preferred), Excel
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrate problem solving capabilities for complex transactions
- Ability to meet schedules and deadlines
- Proven multi-tasking ability and time management skills
- Capable of working independently and within a team
High School Diploma - College preferred.
Skills and Experience:
- ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE
- FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
- PROBLEM SOLVING
- TEAM PLAYER
- TIME MANAGEMENT
- CREDIT CARD
- CREDIT SCORES
- ENTERPRISE RESOURCE PLANNING
- FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
- MICROSOFT EXCEL
- SALES ORDERS
Date Posted: 9/25/2019
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Billing Specialist
Location: Cambridge, MA
Employment Type: Full Time, Contract
Pay Range: 20-26/hr.
Duration: 3-6 months
Job #: bh10465
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776