Connexion strives to be the unrivaled staffing solution for both job seekers and hiring organizations by expertly connecting talent with opportunity. We build world class teams for our customers, and better the lives of our candidates by providing them with fulfilling careers.
Connexion would like to provide you with details about this new opportunity as we are seeking individuals with the following skills:
Responsible for managing all day-to-day operations at the plant. All facets of the plant are included: manufacturing, EHS, human resources, engineering, materials, quality, and finance (dotted line). The efforts of these areas, in successful liaison with Sales, Customer Service, Supply Chain and Technology, must be led in an efficient and productive manner in order to provide exceptional customer satisfaction and meet company and plant specific goals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leadership and guidance for the hourly, supervisory and management of the plant, motivating all to achieve the goals of the individuals, plant, and company.
- Lead the plant to a Continuous Improvement culture & organization for achieving excellence in EHS, productivity and customer satisfaction & delivery. Provide direction and support for continuous improvement in product and process to achieve key metric goals.
- Ensure optimal utilization of manpower and machinery with continual improvements towards maximum productivity. Ensure existing systems are as efficient as possible.
- Keep line of communications open between all teams and individuals in the plant. Keep the Lead Team/Corporate informed of plant status through verbal and written communication. Convey and support Corporate procedures and policies to the plant.
- Operate the plant in a manner that will foster a trustworthy, open working environment based on our principles. Provide ownership for safety and continual training and development of staff at all levels. Personal involvement in a participative environmental is essential.
- Contribute to the generation of the Annual Operating Plan, monitor the data to maintain budgets and meet the financial goals of the plan.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS with preference in engineering and/or papermaking. Advanced degree is a plus.
- Prior process industry manufacturing experience; papermaking and Union experience preferred.
- Increasingly responsible positions in Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain and site leadership.
- The ability and propensity to respond positively and appropriately when confronted with the need to change.
- Skills and demonstrated success in a six sigma/lean manufacturing system.
- Success in high performance work system as well as previous experience in building strong operating teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Strong computer software skills.
Date Posted: 9/17/2019
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Plant Manager
Location: Groton, MA
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Pay Range: Open
Job #: bh10442
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776