Connexion strives to be the unrivaled staffing solution for both job seekers and hiring organizations by expertly connecting talent with opportunity. We build world class teams for our customers, and better the lives of our candidates by providing them with fulfilling careers.
Connexion would like to provide you with details about this new opportunity as we are seeking individuals with the following skills:
Full Stack Java/AWS Developers
Java - Custom Application Design & Development utilizing Java, J2EE, UNIX/Linux, PL/SQL, Data Structures, Design Patterns, Algorithms and Optimizations, Object-Oriented design, Shell scripting
Questions (must answer YES to ALL):
Modern Full stack Java Front-end Development using React, JS frameworks, Bootstrap
Experience and knowledge of Microservices (using Java Spring Boot framework)
Experience with development on AWS platform and experience with DevOps using Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, CloudFormation
Evaluate and select the right design patterns, approaches and solutions to challenges that arise during the course of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
• Provide accurate and reasonable initial estimations for development efforts, and communicate regularly the status of those efforts to ensure accurate story metrics through release cycles.
• Participate in daily standup meetings to ensure that development efforts remain on track, and that any issues are communicated and addressed in a timely manner.
• Own contributions to development efforts through planning, communication, implementation, testing and integration of development efforts.
• Adhere to the design standards and best practices set forth by the team and be willing to contribute meaningful additions to those standards where none such exist.
• Continually be seeking to identify and recommend areas of improvement in our solutions, technology stacks, SDLC and development processes.
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• General consulting skills including: analysis and problem solving, written and verbal communication, and team collaboration.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
• Demonstrated success in performing work with complex and/or large consulting projects.
• Experience in full life-cycle of software development or methodology such as RUP or Agile; requirements analysis, design, development, testing and implementation
• Self-Motivated working style, capable of individual contributions as well as contributing to the success of a team
• Experience working in a global delivery model leveraging offshore locations
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, mathematics, or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of experience in Custom Application Design & Development utilizing Java, J2EE, UNIX/Linux, PL/SQL, Data Structures, Design Patterns, Algorithms and Optimizations, Object-Oriented design, Shell scripting
• 3+ years of expertise in Service Oriented Design & implementing RESTful APIs in n-tier architectures
• Experience and knowledge of Microservices (using Java Spring Boot framework)
• Proficient with SOAP, WSDL, XSD, JSON, Web services and XML
• Understanding of Agile software development, Continuous Integration, GIT workflow and version control (Jira/Perforce/SVN/Bugzilla/GIT/GitFlow)
• Experience with JBOSS, Apache, Tomcat servers
• ReactJS and Spring boot front-end development
• Experience with Integration Testing, and Unit Test frameworks (Junit, Mokito, PowerMock)
• Experience in designing and scaling cloud-based applications on AWS
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
• Any Java Developer / Architect certifications
Date Posted: 9/10/2019
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Full Stack Java/AWS Developer
Location: Redmond, WA
Employment Type: Full Time, Contract
Pay Range: 60-70/hr.
Duration: 6 months +
Job #: bh10406
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776