Connexion strives to be the unrivaled staffing solution for both job seekers and hiring organizations by expertly connecting talent with opportunity. We build world class teams for our customers, and better the lives of our candidates by providing them with fulfilling careers.
Connexion would like to provide you with details about this new opportunity as we are seeking individuals with the following skills:
Madcap is a must and Camtasia would be ideal.
Create technical content in the form of installation guides and reference manuals for Logistics engineers who are responsible for installing, maintaining and trouble-shooting logistics solutions.
- Work closely with the Logistics team and ID or Vision product development to understand the capabilities, design and installation of the logistics solution software and hardware
- Meet with the Logistics team to discuss available source materials, timeframe and objectives
- Conduct interviews with various technical staff to gather data for documentation
- Develop content using existing documentation methodology for purposes of consistency and efficiency
- If required, travel to customer project sites for information gathering and validation
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Quickly grasp complex technical concepts, both hardware and software and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- In-depth knowledge of document authoring best practices
- Strong working knowledge of document authoring tools including MS Word, MadCap Flare, Creative Cloud, SnagIt or other relevant tools
- Experience with incorporating multiple media elements into documents including 2D and 3D graphics, CAD drawings, video, animation and self-developed illustrations
- Write clear, concise guides/reference manuals following company standards based on verbal instructions, draft versions of documents and handwritten notes
- Strong communication skills and ability to be proactive in arranging meetings with technical and non-technical teams
- Ability to move fast, creating new content for technology as it is being developed which could require extensive product research in a hands-on environment
- Self-motivated and independent worker
- Ability to manage several ongoing projects simultaneously
- Support efforts in house and at customer sites to validate new/revised documentation
Minimum education and work experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in communications or engineering-related disciplines
- 3+ years of experience in technical writing in an engineering-related field
Date Posted: 9/5/2019
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Technical Writer
Location: Framingham, MA 01701
Employment Type: Full Time, Contract
Pay Range: 45-50/hr.
Duration: Long Term Contract
Job #: bh10394
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776