Connexion strives to be the unrivaled staffing solution for both job seekers and hiring organizations by expertly connecting talent with opportunity. We build world class teams for our customers, and better the lives of our candidates by providing them with fulfilling careers.
Connexion would like to provide you with details about this new opportunity as we are seeking individuals with the following skills:
Bilingual Area Production Manager
The Area Manager is responsible for setting direction for an operating area, ensuring goals and improvement plans are communicated and executed to plan by: developing associates, ensuring that the team consensus is used to thoroughly evaluate decisions, decisions are rapidly implemented, budget planning, employment decisions and performance assessment of all direct reports, team leaders and associates.
The area manager will provide a high level of leadership for the employees within their departments. The area manager will drive the overall performance of Manufacturing Units or Value Streams, defined by Product Line, Group or Family for multiple lines. Ensure a safe work environment, drive profitable growth, deliver outstanding customer service, develop a technically qualified workforce, and reduce operating cost and inventories through incremental & continuous improvements projects.
The focus of this role is to drive labor productivity, throughput and customer OTD. As a focal leader in the plant leadership team, this role will be critical in transforming the operations team into a customer centric focused engaged workforce.
- Lead the operations team to meet the daily production KPIs that drive the needs of the customer and the 95% OTD goal. Lead departmental teams to develop/implement/execute the daily production plan and work with the operations team to execute the plan to meet the needs of the customer, while improving the processes and achieving the KPI's.
- Develop/maintain the capacity model for the area production departments to ensure there are adequate resources & operators to meet the needs of the customer for both the short & long term. This also includes developing plans to expand the workforce and equipment as needed for future growth.
- Develop the operations team within the various manufacturing methodologies to continue to improve/expand their skill sets and knowledge to meet the needs of the customer and continue to drive improvements. This includes developing and maintaining the training needs of the operations group.
- The area manager will work hand-in-hand with Maintenance, Quality, Lean and Process Engineers to drive process improvements for the site; supporting Lean events and process improvements for the business. Working closely with management on lean process projects to reduce waste and improve efficiencies.
- Develop and implement an action plan to improve their operations team through employee development.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and influence all elements of their area (material, manpower, machines, etc.) from material inputs to parts shipment including overall responsibility of Safety, quality, maintenance, manning and Process Improvement to effect maximum level of productivity, quality and on-time-in full delivery of product.
- Manage productivity levels within the departments. Continuously improve productivity, flow, change-overs, etc. through the implementation of Lean principles.
- Lead the development of current and future state value stream maps and continuous improvement plans, as well as the implementation of those plans across the value streams. Be highly visible to associates and promote hands-on, high involvement approaches to problem solving. Support new product development by driving the operations requirements.
- Review/Ensure success of the day-to-day production KPI’s and activities within their area. Drive cross-functional execution and track daily performance through the use of gemba boards on a daily basis ensuring counter measures are identified. Emphasize prevention of potential problems and hazardous conditions.
- Conduct safety investigations as needed. Perform 6S audits. Responsible for developing and monitoring standard work and quality standards. Perform layered process audits and quality audits through the use of leader standard work.
- Conduct OTD analysis of departments and proactively update gaps. Manage resources of the assigned areas of the value stream. Manage assigned resources to or below budgetary levels.
- Ensure accuracy and proper management of inventory. Ensure timely disposition of scrap and non-conforming materials.
- Coordinate department’s vacation schedule to ensure adequate coverage and completion of departments work schedule. Provide input and make recommendations for requisitioning, placing, and training employees assigned to designated production areas.
- Develop and deliver complete, fair, accurate and meaningful employee performance reviews. Responsible for team’s adherence to company policies and procedure. Ensure payroll system is updated daily and certified weekly. Ensure cross training of employees is conducted for development and skills matrix is updated.
- Identify product/production problems, review production re-work and rejected parts. Assist in determining and eliminate causes; work with support departments to minimize rejects and maintain optimum production flow.
- Serve as a change agent by influencing, communicating and institutionalizing a culture of simplification, standard work, process improvement and lean principles.
- Ensure the company's commitment to maintain a safe workplace and to protect the environment through the establishment and support of Company policy and adherence to various government regulations.
- Performs other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree (in a technical field preferred) and or 10 years manufacturing experience in a lean environment.
- Six Sigma / Lean Manufacturing experience preferred
Qualifications and Preferred Skills
- “Go to Gemba” mentality, hands-on
- Strong manufacturing/operations background
- Excellent computer skills required
- Management experience required
- Positive interpersonal and facilitation skills with excellent presentation and written/verbal communication skills to properly direct, assist and train personnel is needed
- Proven experience in influencing, leading cross functional teams and driving change results
- Knowledge of Quality practices and instructions
- Demonstrated problem solving, manufacturing practice applications (e.g., SPC, Flow Charts, standardized work, KAIZEN, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to motivate others and achieve results.
- Customer-focused in meeting commitments of quality and delivery.
- Superior interpersonal skills, delivers information clearly and factually. Capable of adjusting to situation or audience.
- Demonstrates personal leadership skills; high performance behaviors, self-initiative, excellent work ethic, exercises good judgment, influencing, mentoring, coaching, negotiation and collaboration.
Workplace safety, team building and financial awareness
Date Posted: 9/5/2019
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Bilingual Area Production Manager
Location: Londonderry, NH
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Pay Range: 80-95K
Job #: bh10387
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776