Connexion strives to be the unrivaled staffing solution for both job seekers and hiring organizations by expertly connecting talent with opportunity. We build world class teams for our customers, and better the lives of our candidates by providing them with fulfilling careers.
Connexion would like to provide you with details about this new opportunity as we are seeking individuals with the following skills:
This individual is need to support the pulling of prints, placement of expense and pre-production PO's and expediting of NPI sourcing needs.
Must have proficiency using SAP
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office environment (may include laboratory, clean room and manufacturing assembly)
The Senior Strategic Sourcing position participates on new product development teams as part of the core team responsible for delivering all sourcing strategies required to achieve established project milestones, overall costs and coordination with extended team members in-order to meet the overall objectives of the business.
The Senior Strategic Sourcing position supports the execution of the Global Commodity Strategies to meet NPI Project timelines, supports driving effective Early Supplier Involvement (ESI), manages by development stage the appropriate supplier capacity requirements, supports delivery of direct material cost targets and assists in coordinating with Category Management to insure any new suppliers are vetted and fit the overall category strategy.
The Senior Strategic Sourcing position candidate must have the ability to work in a cross functional R&D/NPI Team and on Multiple Complex NPI Programs at the host manufacturing site and throughout our global manufacturing footprint. Strong cross-functional collaboration with R&D, Project Management, Engineering, Manufacturing, Global Commodity Management, and Corporate initiatives and leadership. Reports directly to the Director of NPI Sourcing
To this end, the Senior Strategic Sourcing position supports the team with the negotiation of contracts that secure favorable terms in relation to the procurement of goods and materials. He/she supports identifying, evaluating and developing supplier options and suitability to perform outsourced activities, projects and programs. Acquires and maintains understanding of marketplace trends, market forces, cost trends, and supplier technology road maps.
• Responsible for supporting NPI projects and promoting key initiatives such as Early Supplier Involvement (ESI), Total Cost Optimization (TCO), Risk Mitigation and implementing Global Commodity Strategies into NPI projects
• Liaises with Commodity Management and Operations as needed
• Works with Engineering and supplier representatives as needed to insure ESI is appropriate to develop specifications for components and assemblies for DFX.
• Supports Global Commodities on new technology and/or supplier requirement in support of project gaps.
• In alignment with Global Commodities, supports prototype to production strategy, coordinates and leads supplier selection process, supplier evaluations and quality ratings as needed as inputs to the supplier selection matrix.
• Recommends standard costs for new components and assemblies to insure accurate costing of our products utilizing Should-Cost modeling and Make vs. Buy analysis.
• Works to support sourcing timelines and components cost requirements to ensure projects are delivered on time.
• Ensure supplier resources are aligned based on project complexity.
• Ensures full supply chain continuity via supplier capacity management and risk mitigation strategies
• Builds effective relationships both internal and external, and interfaces with management as required.
• Participates in preparing and providing monthly project management updates on key project milestones and critical path issues.
• Supports the management of inventory scale up requirements for new product launch requirements through the Development process
• Supports the management of required purchasing tasks to procure parts, materials, supplies, equipment and services required to support the project deliverables.
• BS/BA Degree in Business Management, Engineering or other related field.
• MBA a plus
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
• 8+ years of Procurement, Sourcing, Supply Chain Management or Engineering
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
• Strong Project Management skill set
• Experience with NPI Development
• Background in Spectroscopy, Detection Imaging, and Informatics
• Proficient knowledge of Metals, Plastics, and Electronic commodities
• Certification from the Institute of Supply Management (C.P.S.M.), (CPIM) would be a
• E-Sourcing software
• Excellent leadership, organization, project management, communication and
• Advanced skills in MS Excel, Think Cell, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to manage multiple deliverables, projects and teams
Date Posted: 8/30/2019
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Procurement Specialist
Location: Shelton, CT
Employment Type: Full Time, Contract
Pay Range: 32-35/hr.
Duration: 3 months++
Job #: bh10373
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776