Mechanical Design Engineer
- Someone who has designed capital equipment would be ideal
- Experience designing or manufacturing sheet metal, plastic
- At least 2 years of experience
- Won’t be leading projects but need to be self-managed
- Supporting one of the lead Mechanical Engineers who reports into the VP
- Change control process
- Launching two products, new products and sustaining
- SolidWorks is a must have
- More on the mechanical side (biomedical engineering or mechanical engineering degree)
- Aerospace background is ok
- Design, troubleshoot
- Electrical wire harnesses
Reporting to the Director of R&D the Mechanical Design Engineer is primarily responsible for supporting the Company's product development cabinet X-Ray imaging and irradiation systems, through the design process - from prototype design, testing, production transfer and manufacturing support.
Working on cross-functional teams and with management support, the candidate will run their own projects, including creating project timelines, working with venders, generating production documentation and meeting target costs.
This an excellent opportunity to work in a friendly work environment with a team that is dedicated and passionate about quality and innovation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF THE POSITION
The Design Engineer will be expected to perform all of the following functions during the course of his or her job duties on a regular basis:
- Design and develop parts and assemblies suitable for prototypes and volume manufacture.
- Act as liaison between R&D New Product and Manufacturing
- Identify, formulate and produce effective solutions to emerging problems.
- Evaluate the part’s or products performance, reliability and safety.
- Drive activities with suppliers to define product component manufacturing requirements.
- Produce production documentation, including 3D CAD, engineering drawings, test and production procedures, plus supporting technical documentation.
- Ensure product design and documentation adheres to the industry regulations and quality standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
In order to be eligible for this position, the Mechanical Design Engineer must possess each of the following at the time of application:
- A bachelor of science degree in either mechanical engineering, product design, industrial engineering or a closely-related field (equivalent work experience is not an acceptable substitute);
- Proficient in SolidWorks and understanding of PDM software.
- Advanced knowledge in industrial manufacturing processes including experience in the manufacture of sheet metal and machined parts. Experience in plastic design is beneficial.
- Minimum two (2) years' experience in the mechanical design and development of parts, assemblies and complete projects. Preferably experience in the medical industry.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and multitask.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet project deadlines and problem solve with minimal supervision.
- Solid understanding of MS Excel, Word, and Outlook plus knowledge of project management software.