Connexion strives to be the unrivaled staffing solution for both job seekers and hiring organizations by expertly connecting talent with opportunity. We build world class teams for our customers, and better the lives of our candidates by providing them with fulfilling careers.
Connexion would like to provide you with details about this new opportunity as we are seeking individuals with the following skills:
- This is an entry/ junior level position. Open to seeing candidates with strong cap stone or internship experience – recent grads
- Ideally, we’d like to see candidates with a mechanical engineering degree
- FMEA experience … building test protocols, projects supporting med device/ FDA
- Reliability and testing experience preferred
- Designing test fixtures
This candidate will implement Design for Reliability methodology to New Product Introduction projects and sustaining projects in medical device industry, identify design risks, design and execute reliability tests, drive to mitigate design risks and enhance product reliability. This candidate will also monitor field data and provide priority for product improvement.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Participate FMEA, identify design risks, and identify component and system reliability tests
- Develop accelerated or highly accelerated reliability testing to optimize test duration
- Define test protocols including test procedure, sample size, test duration
- Design and build test fixtures to simulate real application of the product
- Automate and execute the tests using LabVIEW, or other automation software
- Perform reliability data analysis using Reliasoft software package or other equivalent
- Recommend design improvement to enhance product reliability
- Perform failure mode analysis and root cause analysis using reliability tools
- Analyze field failure data and warranty data
- Work with vendor to ensure purchased parts meet reliability goal
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering or science
- Basic understanding of reliability engineering, reliability techniques and statistics
- Understanding of ALT, HALT, HASS, MTBF, MTTF
- Strong hands-on skills, able to design and build test fixtures
- Excellent computer skills to automate the test, experience in LabVIEW, TestComplete preferred
- Experience in reliability testing and analysis
- Excellent communication skills and good documentation discipline
- Be able to lift up to 40 Lbs.
- Highly motivated and quick to learn new things
- Willing to be flexible for changing environment and tasks
- Knowledge of Design for Reliability methodology
Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science, or equivalent
0 - 1 year of working experience
Knowledge in Design for Six Sigma is a plus.
Date Posted: 7/25/2019
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Reliability Engineer
Location: Danbury, CT
Employment Type: Full Time, Contract
Pay Range: 30-37/hr.
Duration: 12 months +
Job #: bh10247
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776