Connexion Systems and Engineering, your Boston staffing experts, would like to provide you with details about this new opportunity as we are seeking individuals with the following skills:
Senior Systems Engineer
The Senior Systems Engineer will join the team responsible for the Firm’s IT systems, services and operations. This position is responsible for leading and coordinating the analysis, recommendation and deployment of support and maintenance plans for these systems, to maximize Firm-wide productivity and minimize disruptions. The Senior Systems Engineer will play a pivotal role in helping to lead the Firm’s Tier 3 Operations team, and will help maintain a culture of superior client service and continuous improvement.
- Leads the design, development and operation of the IT systems infrastructure.
- Collaborates with the IT Operations Manager to:
- Oversee IT service delivery with respect to infrastructure and endpoint systems including service design, service operation, and continuous service improvement.
- Develop, implement and maintain operational technology strategies, policies and standards.
- Develop and implement backup and disaster recovery plans and procedures, including regular reviews and real-world tests.
- Collects core system metrics to develop and implement improvement plans based on analysis of data.
- Partners with IT Operations Manager and other stakeholders to improve operational procedures, IT processes, and the security and performance of existing systems.
- Provides technical guidance to team of engineers.
- Communicates and collaborates with other departments to report and resolve software, hardware and operational issues.
- Researches, evaluates, and advises new technology solutions.
- Provides 24x7 on-call support and problem triage for IT services.
- Plays an integral role in critical department projects and initiatives.
- 6+ years’ experience in administering critical IT infrastructure and endpoint systems, in a professional services environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred.
- 5+ years of proven experience in Office 365 and NetApp.
- The ideal candidate will have proven experience working with technologies currently in use at the Firm, including: Exchange, SQL, VMWare, Active Directory, Citrix, PowerShell, iManageVeeam, Cisco UCS, SCCM, converged and hyper-converged technologies, and Windows OS.
- Microsoft, VMWare and Citrix certifications are preferred.
- Proven project experience in migrating to and deploying cloud-based solutions.
- Proven experience in managing projects from conception to successful completion.
- Demonstrated capability in solving new and complex problems.
- Strong knowledge of and experience in network management platforms and monitoring systems.
- Must be able to work in fast paced environment, independently, as well as in team setting.
- Self-starter and forward thinker with the ability to work independently, while having good judgment as to when consultation is required.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
Date Posted: 7/16/2019
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Location: Boston, MA 02108
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Pay Range: 120-140K + Bonus
Job #: bh10218
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776