Connexion strives to be the unrivaled staffing solution for both job seekers and hiring organizations by expertly connecting talent with opportunity. We build world class teams for our customers, and better the lives of our candidates by providing them with fulfilling careers.
Connexion would like to provide you with details about this new opportunity as we are seeking individuals with the following skills:
Director of Product Design
Ideally, we are looking for someone out of a software technology company with strong leadership and partnership skills…and experience working collaboratively with the engineering team. They need to be able to manage Design but don’t need to be actively involved in design at this point in their career.
We are looking for a Director of Product Design to join our team in Lexington, MA. Do you have the experience to inspire and lead a top-quality design team? Is UX your passion rather than your job? We want a person who sees their role as driving corporate success by creating a sustainable competitive advantage in UX. In this role, you will be responsible for the design vision across our full product portfolio, represent the voice of the user, and manage, grow, and inspire a team of designers.
- Manage the creative process and product design team including schedules, deliverables, and team utilization to meet the product vision and deliver on the business growth objectives
- Define the product design goals across the product portfolio
- Manage team to create intuitive designs and experiences that inform our users across all access points and products
- Develop best-in-class practices for product design and design delivery, fueled by user research, user feedback, data, and evidence
- Collaborate with product teams to create schedules, manage deliverables, assign resources, and mitigate risks
- Anticipate user needs and develop design principles in conjunction with the multi-year product vision
- Ensure alignment among all parts of the organization through effective communication
- Assess, coach, develop and empower staff in support of their success
- Continually improve design processes to gain efficiency, remove obstacles, and simplify problems
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience leading design teams
- A minimum of 8 years designing user experience and interaction design for software products, including desktop, web, and mobile applications
- Proven track record in cross-team collaboration to deliver successful products
- Experience in iterative software delivery methodologies, such as Agile
- Care deeply about the user; in our case these are IT professionals, nurses, doctors, patients, and hospital administrators
- Experience managing successfully in a matrixed environment, with proven ability to build and maintain great working relationships; help others achieve their goals across all levels and departments of an organization.
- Track record leading, building, mentoring and motivating creative teams.
- Experience in using lean design methods to bring winning products to market
- Strong usability testing experience
- Strong project management skills; demonstrated ability to work and lead independently
Date Posted: 9/9/2019
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Director of Product Design
Location: Lexington, MA
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Pay Range: 140-160K plus Bonus
Job #: bh10208
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776