Connexion Systems and Engineering, your Boston staffing experts, would like to provide you with details about this new opportunity as we are seeking individuals with the following skills:
The Software Architect who works on the company's two major products is considered their most distinguished level of engineer and represents a highly experienced and skilled specialist in their field. This specific role is focused largely on their client-side software, which is deployed all around the globe on millions of Windows endpoints, as well as thin- and zero-clients and web browsers.
The Architect spends most of their time researching, designing and solutioning our software. Additionally, this role is responsible for the review and support of software design and implementation submitted by their engineers. The Architect also writes complex code situationally, and/or works with engineers to support their hands-on development.
The qualified candidate will work as a member of the software development team focused on the most interesting and challenging architecture and software design of the products. The Software Architect validates solutions for complex problems that address key business concerns, provides technical thought leadership for the development of new products or methods. This person is typically responsible for technical leadership of projects of significant size and impact to the product. Advanced training and specialized experience in relevant technologies is required, as well as leadership ability.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Architects complex enterprise software systems and components
- Contributes to the development of new theories and methods (some patentable)
- Advocates for new technologies and performs research and selection as needed
- Employs expertise as a deep specialist. Applies expert knowledge and skills to complete specialized tasks
- Performs regular reviews of the designs and proposed architectures of other engineers
- Performs code reviews
- Coaches and mentors’ other engineers
- Develops complex code, especially on our endpoint/agent software. Creates unit and functional automated tests
- Assist with, troubleshoot, and resolve the most complex of our customer issues—many involving integrations and/or infrastructure
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related degree
- 15+ year’s development experience in a progressive technical leadership role
- Strong leadership and soft skills are a must, including:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact well with both internal teams and external customers and partners
- The ability to develop and lead consensus on complex proposals within engineering groups, as well as with other teams and outside partners
- The ability to assess and plan, from discovery stages through delivery
- The ability to work with senior product management on strategic initiatives that have architectural aspects
- Capability and comfort in presenting to executive-level staff
- Technical qualifications:
- Advanced knowledge of C++ and Windows internals is most essential, including Microsoft development frameworks, principals and architecture
- Advanced understanding of software security principals, design and implementation. Encryption of data in motion and at rest
- Understanding of authentication concepts, with multi-factor being desirable
- Experience with hardware integration (we rely on fingerprint and proximity card, among other modalities).
- Experience with the integration of third-party components.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory and/or LDAP directories is a plus
- Advanced experienced with multi-tenant enterprise systems, including cloud
- Knowledge of Linux distributions and use of C/Python highly desirable, for use with our thin client software package
- Experience building software that is extremely robust and reliable and capable of providing high performance under heavy load
- Working knowledge of standards-based authentication (SAML/OIDC) is a plus
Working knowledge of Java open source frameworks like Spring, Hibernate is a plus
Date Posted: 6/18/2019
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Software Architect
Location: Waltham, MA 02454
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Pay Range: 170-180K
Job #: bh10096
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776