Connexion Systems & Engineering, a Boston based IT and Engineering Solutions Company immediately seeks individuals with the following skills:
Sr. Software Developer
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field. Experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 3 -5 years of experience in object-oriented analysis and design, multi-tiered solutions, web technology and standard design patterns Experience in developing web-based solutions
- 3-5 years of experience in Test Driven Design, Service Oriented Architecture
- 3-5 years of experience in using VB/C#/ASP .NET MVC, Visual Studio, IIS, TFS
- 3-5 years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or newer (writing queries, designing databases, server administration)
- 3-5 years of experience in SQL, relational database modeling and design
- 3-5 years of experience in using and designing APIs with formats like JSON and XML
- Experience integrating application with third party services using REST APIs
- Strongly Desired: Behavior Driven Development, SVN, GIT experience, PHP MVC frameworks, client side frameworks, Linux, MySQL IIS/Apache, Python, cloud based applications, AWS administration.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in analysis, design and building of software solutions for multiple projects
- Performs other duties assigned by the Technical Lead / Solution Architect to support projects and maintenance queue.
- Maintains, supports and upgrades existing legacy applications and technologies
- Researches modern tools and technologies to build and support new web applications.
- Participate in requirements meetings. Understand needs of functional teams and implement them
- Collaborates with vendors and external partners to upgrade and build modern web-based applications
- Builds and manages inbound and outbound system interfaces and integration with third party platforms
- Supports and participate in Application Life Cycle Management processes such as defect tracking, build and deployment management, version control and continuous integration of new enhancements
- Other duties as assigned.
- Office and clinical lab environment; possible exposure to blood borne pathogens; must wear protective lab gear including lab coat, gloves and completely closed footwear.
- Employee may be requested to work shifts other than daylight depending on the needs of the laboratory. Weekend work may be required.
Travel expected to be less than 10%.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
Duration: 6 months
Locations: Pittsburgh, PA
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776