Connexion Systems & Engineering, a Boston based IT and Engineering Solutions Company immediately seeks individuals with the following skills:
Global Field Service Manager
Responsible for coordination and supervision of field service activities of our instruments; first contact for technical support questions; coordinates and performs on-site repair and preventative maintenance. This position reports to the VP of Marketing.
Essential Responsibilities: The employee may be required to perform all or a combination of the following essential responsibilities as determined by business necessity.
- Leads the field service team who perform installation, maintenance, and repair. Oversees the scheduling and training of field service representatives. Works closely with product management and engineering to release high quality products and incorporate customer feedback to improve current and future products.
- Coordinates and performs all field service activities including, but not limited to, installation of instruments, on-site and depot repair, preventative maintenance visits. Communicates directly with each customer account for scheduling and follow-up. Communicates with Territory Sales Managers regarding account activity.
- Maintains the service customer records in SalesForce to keep track of warranty and service plans for every instrument and maintains account contact information.
- Initiates service requests using SalesForce, performs essential work to complete each service request, follows up with account where required. Responsible for service reporting from the field and depot service.
- Responds and takes action regarding technical support telephone line and technical support email address.
- Assist Quality, Engineering and Manufacturing with investigation of production and/or design problems with current inventory of instruments. Make recommendations in written format for modifications to design and manufacturing procedures learned from the field.
- Provide input and guidance for the repair procedures. Develop and edit SOP for service and repair.
- Manages service contract program and billable service orders.
- Forecasts with Manufacturing and Materials to develop and stock service repair kits.
- Position in based in the Woburn with approximately 40% travel mostly in the New England and New York area.
Non-Essential Responsibilities: In addition to the essential responsibilities listed above, the employee may be required to perform other non-essential functions. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
- 4 Year degree in an Engineering or Technical discipline; Applicants with a 2 Year Associates degree and with appropriate experience will be considered
- Interest and ability to work with customers via phone or face-to-face
- 10+ years’ experience in Engineering, Manufacturing, or Service environments
- 5+ years managing a technical service organization
- Familiar with electronic testing procedures
- Computer skills using SalesForce, Microsoft Office Suite, and internet competence
- Experience with advanced measurement tools, such as multi-meters, oscilloscopes a plus
- Instrument assembly/disassembly skills and knowledge
- Ability to work individually or in a team environment
- Ability to effectively manage and travel in a defined geography
- Detail oriented
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
Locations: Burlington, MA 01803
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776