Connexion Systems and Engineering, your Boston staffing experts, would like to provide you with details about this new opportunity as we are seeking individuals with the following skills:
Essential duties & responsibilities
Three key areas of responsibilities: Management, sustaining engineering of existing hardware, and design and development of the next generation controls scheme.
- Personnel and T&R workflow (Repairs, Incoming Inspection and Production Orders); Calibration of test equipment;
- Trouble-shooting production and customer issues when needed working with Product Engineering.
- Sustaining Engineering:
- Working knowledge of each Test Bench and understanding of the test protocols, procedures and documentation
- Updating and maintaining the manuals for each controller on the BDF.
- Design & Development:
- Design, document and program algorithms using PLC’s, smart controllers, and similar devices for the control of furnace and automation equipment.
- Recommends electrical hardware, instrumentation, sensors and controls for inclusion in design specifications based on past experience and on catalogue reference data.
- Duties include technical responsibility for planning, organizing and conducting full product development projects within the design, fabrication, modification and evaluation of industrial equipment.
- Prepare and present written, oral visual material to support proposals, presentations, design reviews and written reports.
- Plan, perform or direct and document experiments to prove design performance
- Coordinate project tasks and schedules, delegate work to programmers, designers / drafters and support staff as required.
- Strictly adhere to all BTI & BTU safety policies.
Skills and knowledge
- Able to create and apply advanced control algorithms
- VB, C, C++, PLC Ladder
- Good technical writing skills & verbal communication
- Ability to work with and direct others in an effective manner
- Machine control circuits, motors, drives, sensors and instrumentation
- Computer (Microsoft Office Tools)
- Planning skills and ability to work to a schedule
Education and experience
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Minimum 10 years engineering experience.
- Project Management background.
Date Posted: 6/3/2019
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Controls Engineer
Location: Billerica, MA
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Pay Range: Open
Job #: bh10030
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776