Connexion Systems & Engineering, a Boston based IT and Engineering Solutions Company immediately seeks individuals with the following skills:
Date Posted: 5/29/2019
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Accounting Manager/Controller
Location: Cambridge, MA
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Pay Range: 120K
This role leads all accounting functions in the company. The position reports to the President and Executive CEO, and is responsible both for ensuring appropriate accounting policy and the day-to-day management of transactions and accounting-related systems, supported by an accounting clerk. The Controller understands the breadth of the accounting function responsibilities and will ensure that appropriate controls and processes are in place.
- Ensure that the company is appropriately applying GAAP in the financial records of the company.
- Establish, maintain, and documents the appropriate fiduciary controls for the company.
- Manage the monthly close process, including accruals, reconciliations and journal entries to close the accounting system financials.
- Manage the audit process and ensures appropriate document control to support all transactions
- In concert with the CEO, develops the requirements and selection process for accounting system enhancements and/or migration to new platform
- Work with the CEO to ensure data management structure that enables project accounting and government grant reporting; prepares grant reimbursement claims
- Management of insurance and treasury functions
- Management of one direct report, Staff Accountant
- Manage the company 401k plan
- Manage the preparation of franchise, sales, income and property tax filings
- Assist the HR Manager, the Director of Business Strategy and others in administrative, HR, and operations as needed.
- Prepare solid report of accounting record and forecast for executives and board of directors.
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills, Educational Background, and/or Licenses
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in Accounting
- Broad knowledge of GAAP
- Highly detail oriented and organized
- Ability to operate independently with minimal supervision
- Willingness to take on majority of day-to-day transactions
- Preferred: CPA, CPA in Progress, Chartered Accountant, or equivalent
- 6+ years accounting experience, including managerial responsibility and complete finance department area knowledge
Areas of Independent Action
- Determination of appropriate accounting treatment
- Definition and application of appropriate controls
- Approval of significant company expenditure
- Assessment of company risk exposure
- Development of insightful managerial reports and analysis
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776