Connexion Systems & Engineering, a Boston based IT and Engineering Solutions Company immediately seeks individuals with the following skills:
Date Posted: 5/14/2019
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Entry Level Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Raynham, MA
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Pay Range: 50-55K
Position summary: Plan, design, arrange, change, optimize, supervise and improve manufacturing processes.
- 5 to 8 years’ experience in a Manufacturing Engineering role
- Engineering degree, in Mechanical, Electrical, Packaging or Plastics Engineering
- Strong knowledge of tooling
- SolidWorks and or CAD proficiency
- Strong technical writing skills
- Hands on experience with automated manufacturing equipment
- MS Office
- Qualifications desired:
- Experience with pouch forming, sealing machines, converting equipment, and or injection molding preferred
- Converting or film knowledge
- Knowledge of GMP for food or medical packaging
- Knowledge of BRC, ISO, or SQF
- Experience in film lamination and flexible packaging
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Hands on type person who can work on equipment as well as train individuals on proper equipment repair methods.
- Work with the quality group on short term and long-term corrective action solutions
- Work on cost reduction and continuous improvement projects
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains product safety, legality, regulatory compliance and quality systems.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Report any potential food safety, quality of food defense concerns to the plant manager or quality personnel
- Follow all documented Good Manufacturing Practices
- Create work instructions and other reference materials
- Must follow all company policies and procedures
Non-essential skills and experience:
Success factors/job competencies:
- Hands on type person
- Ability to manage projects and follow through with details
- Willingness to learn as well as teach
- Ability to learn quickly
- Excellent attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Project management along with the use of MS project or similar for timelines Report any potential food safety, quality of food defense concerns to the plant manager or quality personnel
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776