Connexion Systems & Engineering, a Boston based IT and Engineering Solutions Company immediately seeks individuals with the following skills:
Date Posted: 5/9/2019
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: R&D Engineer
Location: Beverly, MA
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Pay Range: 75K Plus Bonus
Plans and coordinates work to project schedules; develops longer term plans under guidance; owns specs, design and development of product elements or tests; analyzes complex problems independently.
The incumbent may be required to perform all or a combination of the following essential functions as determined by business necessity.
- Research and analyzes data such as customer requirements to determine feasibility of design or application. May interface with health care professionals on product requirements.
- Evaluate product designs using analytical analysis, tolerance analysis, design for manufacturing, design for assembly.
- Provide product designs that improve the quality, reliability, productivity and profitability of the company.
- Design, develop, analyze and document product designs, for both new and existing products, in accordance with ISO, FDA and company guidelines; i.e., specifications, drawings, bills of material, inspection criteria, protocols, reports, etc.
- Adhere to company design control procedures to support the development of new high-quality devices or product improvements.
- Create drawings and layouts of new or improved designs for prototype fabrication.
- Perform or coordinate and report on evaluation testing, verification and validation in accordance with ISO, FDA and corporate guidelines.
- Accurately predict the time required for project tasks; help assure the scheduled time is met or improved to meet company objectives.
In addition to the essential functions listed above, the incumbent may be required to perform other non-essential functions. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
- BS degree in engineering/technical discipline.
- Minimum of 2 -4 years of related experience in the medical device industry. Must have demonstrated knowledge of regulations and standards effecting medical product development.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of CAD (Solidworks a plus), Microsoft office products and typical document control software.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to effectively communicate with medical professionals, outside contractors, customers and vendors.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrated complex problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Strong Program/Project management skills.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776