Connexion Systems & Engineering, a Boston based IT and Engineering Solutions Company immediately seeks individuals with the following skills:
U.S. Citizenship required per terms of federal contract
Solid background and knowledge of modern web application development and languages (Java, Java Script, Python, C#)
Questions (YES on ALL is a MUST):
Are you a US citizen?
Are you willing to work 100% onsite in either Billerica, MA or Richardson TX?
Do you meet all the identified requirements for this request?
Software Architect with a focus on defining and rolling out software process best practices as part of a transformation DevOps and Scaled Agile. The Software Architect will be responsible for supporting the Application Development Services Director in driving the evolution of development capabilities, architecture alignment, software development lifecycle best practices, and technologies in solutions, transition from legacy monolithic development practices to decoupled API-driven micro services practices.
• Oversight, evaluation and publication of software development best practices and standards compliance across the application portfolio in line with the Application Reference Architecture and based on the technology roadmap.
• Serve as the primary technical point of contact to oversee, document and guide internal and supplier adherence to technology standards and practices.
• Drive digital transformation in the organization, including process standardization and alignment, automation and technology adoption
• Provide guidance for consistent evaluation and measurement of code quality, compliance to approved standards, configuration management rigor, and reusability
• Internal advocate and champion for DevOps technologies and methodologies, MicroServices, Cloud (SaaS as well as GBS-IT operated applications) and other Strategic Technologies
• Ensuring all development activities are instrumented to collect a standardized set of meaningful software development metrics
• Minimum 8+ years applicable experience and Bachelor's Degree
• Knowledge in methods for architecture creation and decomposition, traceability to business value streams and service offerings, requirements generation and analysis, architecting for performance, system design patterns, message interface and API management
• Proven track record of applying architecture processes and patterns to successful operational solutions at scale
• Working knowledge of all phases of the development lifecycle
• Experience in application and solutions architecture
• Experience leading other architects in a team environment
• Solid background and knowledge of modern web application development and languages (Java, Java Script, Python, C#)
• Interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, partners, co-workers, customers and third-party vendors
• Experience with security and testing practices and tools
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience developing creative technical designs to address complex business problems
• Knowledge and experience in the establishment of a DevOps pipeline to include build, governance, continuous integration, and continuous deployment
• Knowledge and experience in the design, implementation, testing, deployment and support of Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) or Microservices frameworks
• Expertise in cloud architecture implementation in Government instances of Amazon Web Services (e.g. GovCloud)
• Experience working with IT Security, End User Services, Infrastructure Services, Enterprise Architecture an Solutions Engineering
• Knowledge of the client's policies and procedures, specifically as they relate to compliance (e.g. EXIM, DFARs)
• Experience executing utilizing Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
• Experience interacting in geographically dispersed team
• Established history as an innovator, early adopter and technology visionary
• Highly self-motivated, directed, and change oriented
• Influential communication and ability to achieve alignment
• Proven track record of achieving desired results
• Strong interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to debate, dialogue, negotiate, influence and work with others collaboratively and constructively
• Expertise in application security practices
• Understanding and ability to design application controls for compliance
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
Duration: 7 months
Locations: Billerica, MA or Richardson, TX
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776