Connexion Systems & Engineering, a Boston based IT and Engineering Solutions Company immediately seeks individuals with the following skills:
Date Posted: 3/27/2019
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Controller
Industry: Medical Device
Location: Cambridge, MA 02138
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Pay Range: Open
MUST!!! Have started their career at a Big 4 Accounting firm
MUST!!! Have experience with Biotechnology companies
The Controller, will develop, lead and manage the accounting/finance operations, and Financial Reporting. You will lead all aspects of our accounting operations including general accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, fixed assets, revenue recognition.
In addition, engage in full support of commercial product launch and organization. Partner with R & D planning and execution of future growth strategy.
This position is located in Cambridge, MA and reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Lead the accounting operations of the company including implementing and maintaining an adequate, scalable system of accounting records/policies and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk and enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results
- Lead the ERP selection, Implementation and training
- Ensure our accounting procedures and reported results confirm to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Own all aspects of the general ledger including accurate and timely preparation of financial documents
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statements and forecasts
- Lead Ex- US Business Entity Controlling
- Support the possibility of potential IPO, including, the S-1 process.
- Prepare for external reporting in compliance with SEC regulations including the timely filing of Form 10-K’s, Form 10-Q’s, and proxy requirements.
- Partner with the leadership team as a key financial contributor on our strategic plan and ongoing commercial business strategy
- Own rolling forecasting process and systems
- Provide Management Reports standardization
- Support all planning, budgeting, analysis, and reporting for the company
- Support Procure-to-Pay function to ensure smooth and timely payments
- Lead and report cash flow planning
- Ensure monthly, quarterly, annual consolidated P & L performance analysis
- Lead budgeting and monitoring performance vs. budget on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Organize, prepare and perform Quarterly Performance presentations and financial materials to Executive Management
- Assist with the maintenance of the Company’s capitalization table and support all shareholder inquiries
- Oversee financial controls and ensure education is communicated across the company
- Mentor, support and supervise work processes with Accounting Team
- Advanced degree in Accounting required, MBA or Master's degree preferred
- CPA required, Big 4 public accounting firm experience preferred
- 10-15 years of combined public accounting and biotechnology/pharmaceutical Industry accounting experience
- Experience managing an accounting team of a publicly traded biotechnology company
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls and managing a quarter-end close and reporting process
- Strong knowledge of Biotech accounting transactions, including collaborations and clinical accruals
- Experience with financial systems including NetSuite, Microsoft suite of products
- Proactive, responsive and timely problem solver with outstanding project management skills, pays attention to detail, drives processes and meets deadlines.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and efficiently across functional teams
- Drives leadership from within the team for change recommendations and implementation methods or procedures to improve the efficiency of the function.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776