Connexion Systems & Engineering, a Boston based IT and Engineering Solutions Company immediately seeks individuals with the following skills:
Date Posted: 3/6/2019
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Program / Project Manager
Location: Devens, MA
Employment Type: Full Time, Contract to Permanent
Pay Range: 50-60/hr. or 100-110K
Duration: 6 months to permanent
Program / Project Manager
- Need experience within the Defense/Military industry leading projects.
The Program Manager will be responsible for achieving financial, delivery, and customer satisfaction objectives. This role is a largely customer-facing with focus on both strategic long-term and short-term plans and projects. This will require presentation of solutions in response to sets of defined and anticipated requirements determined by the product development life cycle process. The Program Manager builds strong relationships with customers on various levels with a clear vision and excellence in execution and engagement.
While working closely with the Marketing, Finance, Operations and Engineering departments, this position may manage proposal efforts from customer requirements definition through concept definition to negotiation and contract award. The Program Manager must be able to create and maintain a collaborative work environment; set goals; give clear direction to the team and provide decisive and constructive feedback; empower individuals to take ownership for their assignments; identify and capture funded program growth in addition to facilitating capture of new opportunities with customers; and demonstrate and insist on ethical and professional behavior in accordance with company values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all aspects of product development process and assigned programs/projects over the entire life (initiate, plan, execute, control, close). Will be responsible for managing multiple, simultaneous, large projects. Responsible for program P&L including but not limited to: Budgets, Actual Costs, Estimates to Complete (ETC), Invoicing, and Receivables, and meeting established financials goals. Fully understands system scope and project objectives.
- Acts as primary contact with the customer and responsible for customer satisfaction. Builds and develops strong relationships with customers, peers and management.
- Documents all design/schedule/cost changes and communicates these changes to the customer, and receives written customer approval on all changes prior to implementation.
- Manages and documents all aspects of technical projects carried out with the customer. Develops comprehensive understanding of customer contract requirements and ensures adherence to requirements.
- Defines and communicates performance metrics to management. Prepares and presents project briefings to management and provides the necessary information to effectively manage the business.
- Ensures adherence to related company policies, processes and procedures.
- Actively participates in growth of the business by identifying and developing approaches to new business opportunities with new and/or current customers, and captures new opportunities. Provides accurate and timely feedback of market intelligence and customer desires to assist in product development and improvement.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive understanding of the maritime defense market.
- Responsible for developing long term strategic plans to increase and maximize business opportunities with current and new customers.
- Regularly travels to maintain an understanding of the market and to help drive product innovation and process improvement.
- Participates and supports bid and proposal efforts.
- Participates in product roadmap development and planning.
- Leads and participates in project governance process.
- Positively contributes to overall departmental and organizational sales goals, programs and projects.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Business or closely related discipline, or equivalent level of demonstrated knowledge acquired through experience and/or other training.
- At least eight (8) years of experience in Program, Project or Account management in a government contracting or related environment, and experience with solutions selling.
- Strong knowledge and prior experience working with Federal Department of Defense (DOD)/US Navy/Military (MIL), etc., and government contracting requirements.
Skills, Knowledge and Conditions
- Excellent computer skills with strong proficiency in Windows™ interface, Microsoft Office™ package (Microsoft Outlook®, Microsoft Excel®, Microsoft Word®, Microsoft PowerPoint®, Microsoft Access®), Microsoft Project® and knowledge of Deltek CostPoint software.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business challenges and opportunities driven by technology and regulations unique to the Defense market.
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership and decision-making skills.
- Excellent analytical, project management and organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Must be able to exhibit a positive attitude and communicate clearly and effectively, and, most importantly, promote collaboration among the team by listening intently to what others are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and allowing others to speak without interruption.
- Participation in relevant industry and professional organizations.
- Must be available to travel.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance, if required.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776