Connexion Systems & Engineering, a Boston based IT and Engineering Solutions Company immediately seeks individuals with the following skills:
Coordinates purchases and deliveries of assigned commodities and services in a manner that is consistent with our company policies and performance goals and objectives.
- Purchase parts and services at best savings and value for the company and affiliates.
- Establish working partnership and good relations with vendors.
- Maintains the integrity of purchasing data on the computer-based planning system with error free transactions.
- Coordinates with suppliers to meet customer requirements and the requirements of the shop floor and ensures these requirements are clearly defined and communicated.
- The ability to evaluate quote responses to determine the best vendor based on quality, price and delivery
- Develops in conjunction with proper planning function, inventory plans that insure inventory levels are adequate, but not excessive.
- Participates in an effective cost improvement and savings program for purchased materials and services.
- Evaluates supplier performance using the Company supplier rating model, and participates in continuous improvement efforts with suppliers.
- Process returns to vendor and use the required documentation or RMA forms.
- Carryout ISO-9001 purchasing procedures.
- Adhere to accounting rules and procedures with respect to purchasing in terms of pricing, process, payments.
- Manage vendor delivery performance of 95% or better on time delivery.
- Proactively prevent and manage supplier defects with each of your vendors.
- Communicate to functional departments vendors schedules
Required Skills / Qualifications:
- High school diploma
- 5 years’ experience in purchasing/buying
- Proven experience negotiating with Suppliers
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Good communication skills and teamwork are essential.
- Willing and able to lead conversations that may involve conflict.
- Professionalism in all aspects of communication. Candidate may be interfacing with senior executives of companies.
- Have a passion for meeting goals and work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to drive short term actions while not losing sight of future sequential activities (ie planning)
Strong computer skills; particularly with Microsoft Excel.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
Duration: Long Term Contract
Locations: Wellsville, NY
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776