Connexion Systems & Engineering, a Boston based IT and Engineering Solutions Company immediately seeks individuals with the following skills:
The Systems Engineer will join the team responsible for the Firm’s IT systems, services and operations. This position is responsible for the analysis, recommendation and deployment of support and maintenance plans for these systems, to maximize Firm-wide productivity and minimize disruptions. The Systems Engineer will play a pivotal role on the Firm’s Tier 3 Operations team, and will help maintain a culture of superior client service and continuous improvement.
- Supports the design, development and operation of the IT systems infrastructure.
- Helps manage the Firm’s endpoint fleet, including laptops and desktops running Windows 10.
- Works closely with the IT Operations Manager and Systems Architect to:
- Oversee IT service delivery with respect to infrastructure and endpoint systems including service design, service operation, and continuous service improvement.
- Develop, implement and maintain operational technology strategies, policies and standards.
- Develop and implement backup and disaster recovery plans and procedures, including regular reviews and real world tests.
- Collects core system metrics to develop and implement improvement plans based on analysis of data.
- Partners with IT Operations Manager and other stakeholders to improve operational procedures, IT processes, and the security and performance of existing systems.
- Communicates and collaborates with other departments to report and resolve software, hardware and operational issues.
- Researches and evaluates new technologies. Identifies and recommends solutions to make operations more efficient.
- Provides 24x7 on-call support and problem triage for IT services.
- 5+ years of related IT experience with a particular focus in supporting business critical IT infrastructure and endpoint systems, in a professional services environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred.
- Microsoft, VMWare and Citrix certifications are preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have proven experience working with technologies currently in use at the Firm, including: SCCM, Active Directory, Citrix, PowerShell, Office 365, Exchange, iManage, SQL, VMWare, Veeam, NetApp, Cisco UCS, converged and hyper-converged technologies, and Windows OS.
- Demonstrated capability in solving new and complex problems.
- Strong knowledge of and experience in network management platforms and monitoring systems.
- Must be able to work in fast paced environment, independently, as well as in team setting.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, while having good judgment as to when consultation is required.
- Ability to set priorities and complete diverse assignments on a timely basis.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
Rate 110K +
Locations: Boston, MA
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776