Connexion Systems & Engineering, a Boston based IT and Engineering Solutions Company immediately seeks individuals with the following skills:
Date Posted: 2/15/2019
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Controller
Industry: Manufacturing/Consumer Goods
Location: Canton, MA
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Pay Range: 100K
- Check and approve the weekly check run to ensure that no duplication and overpayments are made. Reviews the accounts payable aging with the CEO and Director of Operations regularly for accuracy and timely management.
- Ensure that account payable are collected promptly
- Reconcile financial accounts; such as journal entries and accruals including depreciation and amortization schedules; reviews and analyzes register, journal, and general ledger entries to ensure that transactions are properly recorded
- Prepare annual budgets, forecasts, projections in conjunction with department managers and reviews them with management for any revisions and changes
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of the annual business property tax returns.
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Manage operating cash flow and bank LOC’s with Management
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Oversee job costing P&L
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics for overhead, gross margin, direct labor and net profit.
- Create and manage operating budgets for each department
- Create and manage cash flow operating forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide for a system of managing cost reporting
- Prepares and analyzes financial statements, including balance sheets, profit and loss statements, statements of cash flow, and other financial reports periodically. Performs cost variance analysis monthly
- Supervision/control of physical inventory observations.
- In-charge in the preparation of the financial schedules and other reports needed by the outside CPA, Bank and various auditors as needed to ensure compliance for the yearly financial close as required by certain parties.
- Provides ad hoc reporting and supports to the CEO and Owners on special projects, i.e. financial modeling, reporting, profit and cost analysis, and feasibility studies.
- Provide financial analysis as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Oversee new employee on-boarding including communication of company culture, employee handbook requirements, and benefits package(s).
- Oversee Employee Benefits programs, interfacing with third parties for annual renewals of Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA and Dependent Care, and COBRA.
- Oversee the employee annual review process, including forms, content, timelines and communication with management and employees.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's fiscal function and performance.
- Manages all accounting functions, including financial reports, cash flow, accounts receivable, accounts payable, closing of the general ledger, forecasting, and financial analysis; closely manages and analyzes operations expenses, budget and income statements.
- Ensure company accounting procedures conform to U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (U.S. GAAP).
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance required.
- Master’s in Business Administration, CPA or CMA preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience with a hands-on management style, preferably in a manufacturing setting.
- Thorough understanding of regulatory, compliance requirements related to and operations in general.
- Ability to plan, set objectives, measure performance, and provide direction and build a culture of employee involvement at all levels.
- Proven leadership capability and goal-oriented management style.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Ability to work closely with a senior management team
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776