Connexion Systems & Engineering, a Boston based IT and Engineering Solutions Company immediately seeks individuals with the following skills:
Date Posted: 2/13/2019
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Bioinformatics Analyst
Location: Branford, CT
Employment Type: Full Time, Contract
Pay Range: Open
Duration: 10 months+
We are looking for an innovative Bioinformatics Analyst to work with state-of-the-art bioinformatics tools including Cloud Computing to analyze customer samples in our highly advanced DNA sequencing center.
This person will work closely with our bioinformaticians in the team to process and manage Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data, as well as other molecular testing data such as Sanger and MLPA. There are also opportunities for the Bioinformatics Analyst to develop new data processing pipelines, software applications, databases and custom scripts.
Additional responsibilities include exploring and/or evaluating state of the art
bioinformatics tools, maintaining sample tracking logs and delivering results to
Experience and Required Skills
- Bachelor or Master degree in bioinformatics, bio-statistics, computer sciences or equivalent in Life Sciences discipline
- Experience in building and delivering NGS data analysis pipelines and software applications is a plus
- Strong programming skills and proficient in programming languages including
- Perl/Python, R, SQL and shell scripting
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to work independently as well as work with others in a team
Experience in working in a clinical laboratory environment is preferred
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776