the company has an entrepreneurial feel to it - warehouse converted into an office, open concept, supportive, encouraged to express ideas if you have any, small company with less than 50 in this office, busy so people need to be responsible
PLEASE, only apply if you have 5+ years of product management experience in the home decor or housewares industry! candidates need experience with housewares, home decor, frames, gift ware, etc. won't except anyone without it
We are looking for a creative and friendly multi-tasker who doesn’t sweat the small stuff, who’s not afraid to suggest new ideas, who has the energy and willingness to work hard at what they love and maybe learn a bit more on the way…. We are looking for someone interested in fun and creative products for the home. For the past 40 years we have been creating products that will put a smile on your face. Check your kitchen drawers…you probably already have a *****product in your house right now!
Your primary responsibility is the product management for the Housewares and Home Décor categories of ********* along with some private label development for specific customers.
What we really need you to do is ...
- Establish and manage a line structure for three introduction periods including: identifying product mix, leading brainstorming sessions, creating product line concepts, managing and developing a launch schedule, packaging, timelines, sku rationalization schedule, testing requirements, marketing materials, line road maps and exit strategy.
- Work with the overseas factories to sample, negotiate price and package the line items for sale.
- Has a solid understanding of the Customer and Competitive environment.
- Travel overseas to trade shows and factory visits as needed.
- Attend domestic trade shows and customer meetings as needed.
- Participate in selective customer meetings to support sales team especially for private label programs to understand their needs and then deliver products and presentations to fill their needs.
What we are looking for is someone who……
- Has product management and or sourcing experience in the home décor and/or housewares industry.
- Has a working knowledge of the product development lifecycle from concept to manufacturing, costing and then to sales (No product design skill is required…we have a team to handle that!).
- Is comfortable with price negotiation and has a general understanding of retail math.
- Is a good Communicator! This position will require you to work across departments, with outside factories, with an outside sales team…and then ultimately Retail Buyers.
- Is accountable for delivery of product lines on time, on budget and on spec.
- Knows how to shop! You will need to evaluate both the retail and competitive markets in our product categories.
- Has a BA Degree or equivalent and 5+ years in a similar sourcing and product management position for a retail or wholesale company.
- Has a professional working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, and InDesign are considered a plus, though not essential.