Connexion Systems & Engineering, a Boston based IT and Engineering Solutions Company immediately seeks individuals with the following skills:
Date Posted: 1/18/2019
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Automation & Controls Technologist
Location: Stow, MA
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Pay Range: 80-90K
Automation & Controls Technologist
- Ideally, 3+ years of experience in designing, programming and troubleshooting automated industrial machines (and designing products),
- Must be able to program PLC (we use Allen Bradley)
- Must be willing to travel abroad
- Organized and demonstrated competency in learning quickly and working with little supervision
- Prefer candidates with relevant Associate or an Engineering Degree, but open to the other qualifications
Automation & Controls Technologist position is a specialist role responsible for designing and developing machine control systems, software and enhancing the product offerings and the process efficiencies through automation.
We offer a dynamic, entrepreneurial culture, with the backing of a global parent company. A technical prowess, creativity, and passion to work with other talented team members are required. If you are driven to make a difference that improves the safety and integrity of some of the safety and operationally critical machines, this is the role for you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Leading and completing assigned engineering projects to meet the customer requirements and expectation on-time and on budget.
- Executing various engineering assignments ranging from new product development, troubleshooting and improving systems at our facility, to commissioning of new equipment at customers’ facilities.
- Support installation and commissioning work at customers’ site (requires international travel)
- Design and implement automated systems to streamline processes, optimize the efficiency and scale the operation. Continuously improve the preexisting systems and troubleshoot any problems.
- Responsible for supporting the sales team on proposal and quote development, which include customer consultation and collaborative development of an engineering solution.
- Develop relevant and necessary engineering documentation, including; process and instrumentation diagrams, electrical schematics, control panel detail drawings, and instrument wire maps, user manuals, operations sheets, work instructions, and design reports.
- Assist the Project Engineering and Test Engineering teams by selecting, implementing and testing instrumentation, setting up DAS, and automating data processing work.
Automation & Controls Technologist will interact and collaboratively work with his/her multi-disciplinary team, the customer(s), vendors, contractors and the members of the sales and the operations groups. The role requires a pragmatism and a hands-on approach to manage and solve challenging problems.
- U.S. Citizen / U.S. Green Card
- Passion in industrial equipment, machine design, and implementation
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field or relevant work experience
- Strong electro-mechanical problem-solving & troubleshooting skills
- Ability to operate a variety of electrical test instrumentation
- Experience with programming PLC (we use Allen-Bradley PLCs, RSLogix or Studio 5000)
Experience with programming Wonderware Intouch
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776