Connexion Systems & Engineering, a Boston based IT and Engineering Solutions Company immediately seeks individuals with the following skills:
Date Posted: 1/8/2019
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Leave of Absence Analyst
Location: Redwood City, CA
Employment Type: Full Time, Contract
Pay Range: Open
Duration: 4 months+
Leave of Absence (LOA) Analyst
The Leave of Absence (LOA) Analyst serves as the main point of contact and liaison between employees, business partners and our outsourced vendor partners, assessing human resources needs in areas such as employment restrictions and considerations, and training managers on leave management and accommodations. This role leads all aspects of leaves of absence, disability, accommodations, interactive process communications, and the development and implementation of procedures to achieve optimal employee productivity and experience.
Overall responsibilities include LOA policy design and oversight in partnership with the America’s Benefits Manager, ADA/FMLA compliance with job accommodation requests, return-to-work management and collaboration with absence and disability and workers’ compensation vendors to ensure effective administration of the programs. The LOA Analyst provides consultation and mentoring regarding claims matters to HRBPs/Advisors, managers and employees. The LOA Analyst will also have a deep understanding of federal and state leave of policies and laws, in addition to understanding the job accommodation and interactive processes. Strong self-management skills, and a desire to teach and translate business needs and goals into human resource capabilities are key components of the role. In addition, the ideal candidate will display outstanding communication and organization skills, attention to detail, an ability to prioritize in a rapidly changing environment, strong analytical and critical thinking skills, and customer service focus.
Leading LOA and Disability Programs:
- Manage vendor relationships such as the LOA third party administrator, Disability carriers, Workers’ Compensation carriers and serve as primary point of contact.
- Ensure successful policy and benefits practices.
- Evolve Disability, internal LOA policies, Short Term and Long-Term Disability programs to improve administrative efficiencies.
- Partner with outsourced LOA, Disability and Workers’ Compensation vendors to address all aspects of an employees’ leave including return-to-work status and requests for accommodations.
- Serve as primary point of contact for US and Canada based managers to answer leave related questions for employee’s who are on a current LOA or looking to take a LOA.
- Serve as primary point of contact for leave of absence administration and oversee the administration by the third party leave administrator. Track leave expiration/exhaustion ensuring appropriate notifications are sent.
- Work with carriers and communications partners to develop meaningful employee communications.
- Assess business unit training needs and conduct/coordinate 1:1 and/or group training sessions as appropriate.
Serving as the internal consultant and expert for LOA’s & Accommodations:
Leave of Absences:
- Facilitate end to end interactive process touchpoints, including communications between us and the employee, consultation with the business on best practices in any given scenario, and consultation with legal partners and HRBPs/BAs.
- Follow up with managers and employees on leave denials.
- Track, monitor and manage employees on transitional and light duty assignments.
- Manage employee requests related to return to work status and additional time off. Serve as a consultant and administrator to appropriately process requests with stakeholders such as payroll, HRSS, and Managers.
- Liaise with legal and other partners to advise on accommodation requests and ensure consistent treatment. Collaborate with Facilities and Managers on workplace accommodations as needed.
- Manage end to end accommodations process. Serve as primary point of contact for US and Canada employees to gather, collect and evaluate information related to requests for job accommodations.
- Provide expert support to Managers and HRBPs/Advisors by taking a consultative approach to job accommodation requests.
- Consult with managers to identify essential and marginal functions of employee positions in relation to requests for accommodation.
- Work with employees to deliver determination results and/or other avenues of support.
- Create an internal mechanism to track active and closed accommodation requests.
Reporting & Analytics:
- Produce reporting and analytics for all leave cases and workers’ compensation claims internally and to business units.
- Assist business units in analyzing leave trends as needed.
- Ensure overall compliance of LOA and disability programs; review and work with legal on updating/posting plan documents and other legal documents as needed.
- Review activity reports provided by third-party administrator and ensure stakeholders are notified to update employee records.
- Bachelor's degree or human resources, or equivalent work or educational experience.
- Experience managing leave of absence administration and workplace accommodations.
- Subject matter expert in local, state and federal rules and regulations for leave of absence and workers’ compensation including but not limited ADA, ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, USERRA, FEHA, FMLA, CFRA, PFL, STD, and LTD.
- Excellent computer and technical skills including HRIS functional development, maintenance, troubleshooting and reporting; third party vendor systems and reporting; MS Office including PowerPoint and Excel required. Workday experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- Experience providing consultation and training on disability issues.
- Ability to diagnose problems, identify and drive appropriate solutions.
- Ability to build positive relationships at all levels and influence others in a cross functional environment. Ability to frame information for consumption and decision-making by senior level leaders.
- Detail oriented, with ability to think critically and problem solve using data.
- Excellent conceptual, analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrable ability to successfully handle multiple priorities, communicate and follow up in a rapidly changing environment.
- Contribute as a collaborative team member with excellent attention to detail and strong sense of urgency and follow through.
- Demonstrable ability to manage confidential employee information with discretion and good judgment.
- Ability to work onsite at our Redwood City, CA.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE
- DETAIL ORIENTED
- MS OFFICE
- ORGANIZATION SKILLS
- OUTSTANDING COMMUNICATION
- PROBLEM SOLVING
- CUSTOMER SERVICE ORIENTED
- EMPLOYEE RECORDS
- HUMAN RESOURCES
- LEGAL DOCUMENTS
- MICROSOFT EXCEL
- MICROSOFT OFFICE
- MICROSOFT POWERPOINT
- RETAIL SALES
SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776