Connexion Systems & Engineering, a Boston based IT and Engineering Solutions Company immediately seeks individuals with the following skills:
Date Posted: 1/7/2019
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Field Service Engineer
Location: Buffalo, NY
Employment Type: Full Time Permanent
Pay Range: Open
Field Service Engineer
With limited direction, performs the technical installation, initial checkout, and operation of large, complex systems. Advises and assists in effecting system design changes to improve equipment efficiency and or to reduce cost of operation. Devises and implements preventative maintenance programs. Consults and assists customers concerning the overall operation of the system.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Respond to customer related technical inquiries, problems and basic training requirements and insure timely resolution of customer issues.
- Support all technical field aspects of aftermarket activities for all company products worldwide meeting and/or exceeding customer expectations.
- Provide initial and on-going support of our equipment at customer sites with limited support and supervision.
- Perform all installation and acceptance testing required to insure the equipment is performing to customer and our specifications.
- Provide corrective and preventive maintenance support on our furnaces and ovens.
- Provide installation, operation, and basic maintenance training on the installed equipment or as required.
- Report all activities to the identified Lead Technical Person/Engineer for the site by utilizing specified documents such as Field Service Reports, Start-Up Checklist, and Installation Quality Reports as appropriate for the job.
- Complete all required paperwork as dictated by our and Customer Service policies and procedures on a timely basis.
- Strictly adhere to all our safety and procedures.
- Requires travel locally and internationally with flexibility to leave with short notice.
- Be available to work evenings and weekends and accommodate production and scheduled service demands.
Skills and knowledge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong in-depth troubleshooting skills for electrical and mechanical systems, including plumbing and pneumatic systems.
- Understanding of Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) programs.
- Strong communication skills needed.
Education and experience
- B.S./ B.A degree or equivalent training
- 5 -8 years of experience installing and maintaining complex electromechanical equipment at customer sites.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776