Connexion Systems & Engineering, a Boston based IT and Engineering Solutions Company immediately seeks individuals with the following skills:
Communication Senior Specialist, IT
Duties: Looking for a technical writer to interact cross-functionally with other members of the Information Technology (IT) organization (including information security, enterprise infrastructure, analytics and enterprise apps) to produce/create top quality and clear technically-based copy.
This position requires strong writing skills and at least two years of writing experience.
The ideal candidate will have a solid base of technical knowledge and the ability to understand and use new IT products and services in order to create detailed user instructions and high-level overviews.
Applicants are expected to supply writing samples prior to interviewing for this role.
- Gather, analyze and compose technical information and translate into clear, compelling and business focused documents and stories that are consumed by both technical and non-technical audiences
- Create content for internal product announcements, user guides and FAQs
- Conduct research and ensure the use of proper terminology, including coordinating and working with subject matter experts and others as needed
- Translate technical information into clear, readable documents to be used by technical and non-technical employees
- Proofread and perform difficult and/or complex writing and editorial functions, including formatting and style sheet verification, copy editing, rewriting, revising, etc.
- Ensure consistency, clarity, and quality in and across all types of communication assets
- Transfer/post copy to internal SharePoint pages
- 2+ years experience in technical writing and editing
- Attention to detail with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to manage multiple projects that are relatively complex in scope and demonstrate effective time-management skills to comply with project deadlines
- Exhibits superior knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience in communicating complex systems, preferably technology-related
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes in priorities
- Ability to turn technical copy into compelling stories to engage non-technical audiences
- Ability to recommend formats per technical and customer requests
- Exhibit a strong understanding of processes, formats, styles and tools
- Strong working knowledge of SharePoint 2016
Education: Bachelor's degree or higher
Skills and Experience:
EXCELLENT WRITTEN AND VERBAL COMMUNICATION SKILLS CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS Additional Skills:
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
Duration: 7 months
Locations: Sunnyvale, CA
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776