Connexion Systems & Engineering, a Boston based IT and Engineering Solutions Company immediately seeks individuals with the following skills:
Date Posted: 11/26/2018
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Controls Engineer
Location: Cambridge, MA
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Pay Range: 80-100
The Controls Engineer will be a member of the Advanced Manufacturing Team, focused on developing the next generation high-volume manufacturing processes that will connect our revolutionary product to the high growth energy storage market. This team member will define process control system needs for critical production steps and collaborate with internal and external machine design experts to identify, screen and develop process control concepts that meet these specs. The Controls Engineer reports to the Senior Controls Engineer.
- Create, communicate and implement the company-wide manufacturing data & controls strategy to facilitate the roadmap to go from development to commercialization
- Support the development of the manufacturing control system infrastructure leading to products that meet or exceed cost, quality, features, functionality & performance.
- Identify and collaborate with external service and equipment suppliers and strategic partners.
- Lead selected programs, projects and initiatives.
- Report and recommend on manufacturing data & controls matters to Senior Management.
- Provide guidance and expert advice on manufacturing control systems to other technical groups and non-technical groups.
- Deep knowledge of industrial control, automation and measurement systems in support of unique products going from development to commercialization.
- Hands-on experience with industry standard control systems (eg Allen-Bradley, Mitsubishi, etc.).
- Hands-on experience with industrial SCADA systems (eg Ignition, Wonderware, etc.).
- Hands-on experience with online and offline manufacturing metrics (eg vision, thickness measurement, defect detection, etc.).
- Experience designing, specifying and implementing a manufacturing execution system.
- Knowledge of best practices in automation and control system, manufacturing data collection systems, and operations management systems.
- Knowledge of ISA-88 and ISA-95
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex and new manufacturing processes.
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintaining them over time.
- 3+ years’ experience data and controls engineering related positions
- Complex problem solving, ability to identify complex problems, review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Critical thinking; use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- BS Chemical or Electrical Engineering ideal
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776