Connexion Systems & Engineering, a Boston based IT and Engineering Solutions Company immediately seeks individuals with the following skills:
Date Posted: 11/19/2018
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Pricing Analyst
Location: Boston, MA 02108
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Pay Range: 75-100K
Reporting to the Chief Value Officer, the Pricing Analyst will perform financial analysis and modeling to help the firm develop effective pricing arrangements and budgets, and assess the financial impact of pricing proposals. The Pricing Analyst will also assist in developing processes and systems for (i) organizing and tracking alternative fee arrangements and special billing arrangements, (ii) delivering reports and tools to attorneys to ensure effective project management, and (iii) developing responses to pricing sections of request for proposals (“RFPs”). The ideal candidate will have strong financial analysis skills, the ability to synthesize large volumes of complex data, strong interpersonal skills, and a desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop scenarios and models to assess the financial impact and profitability of pricing proposals, and assist in the development of creative, workable pricing solutions in response to client pricing demands, including alternative fee arrangements.
- Assist the Chief Value Officer in developing budgets and pricing proposals, including developing template budgets and locating sample budgets and other relevant matter experience.
- Analyze and classify historical matter data to assist in developing pricing proposals, staffing plans, and model project plans.
- Assist in developing and maintaining pricing databases to improve the firm’s ability to develop accurate budgets and alternative fee arrangements.
- Maintain and manage the firm’s portfolio of active alternative fee arrangements and budgets, including ensuring that critical data is accurate and updated in a timely manner.
- Gather financial data needed to respond to client RFPs and assist the Chief Value Officer with drafting financial and pricing responses for RFP submissions.
- Assist in developing training materials and resources related to matter pricing, budgeting, and project management.
- Stay informed of current pricing trends within the legal market, and apply learned concepts to help improve the firm’s pricing capabilities.
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested by the Chief Value Officer.?
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong financial analysis skills, including the ability to prepare concise reports to assist in assessing the effectiveness and financial impact of pricing proposals.
- Ability to apply mathematical and basic statistical concepts, including fractions, percentages, and ratios, to large volumes of data to reach meaningful conclusions.
- Superior organizational skills, including the ability maintain and track large volumes of data, prioritize workload, coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and ability to be flexible and adapt to change.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with the ability to interact effectively with attorneys and firm professional staff at all levels.
- High level of attention to detail – ensures the integrity/accuracy of the data.
- Strong technical skills, including expert-level Excel skills and a high level of proficiency in Word and PowerPoint. Ability to learn, leverage and use additional programs, including budgeting and financial management software. Working knowledge of legal services financial and billing systems preferred.
- Ability to protect and maintain confidential and sensitive information.
3 + years related experience, preferably in a law firm or professional services firm.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776