Connexion Systems & Engineering, a Boston based IT and Engineering Solutions Company immediately seeks individuals with the following skills:
Date Posted: 11/15/2018
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: AWS Application Developer
Location: Reston, VA
Employment Type: Full Time, Contract
Pay Range: 80-90/hr.
Duration: 1 Year
AWS Application Architect
Software Solutions Architect
Cloud, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a service; micro-services architecture
Architect end-to-end solutions for multi layered applications on a variety of technology stacks
Architecture of software solutions deployed in AWS Cloud environments - Experienced in building end to end products using Serverless Architectures (AWS Lambda)
Questions (must be YES to ALL):
Have you developed product level or complete system/solution level architectures deployed into a cloud environment using AWS?
Do you have more than 8 years of software development experience with increasing levels of responsibility?
This AWS Application Architect will be a key contributor to our Product Engineering Services practice and will have the below responsibilities:
• Lead & own all technical aspects of system development including the integration, extension and upgrade of existing systems.
• Strategically shape the technical roadmap definition, establish engineering best practices and provide a managerial perspective and direction.
• Provide in-depth technical and hands-on leadership in the design and development of comprehensive, business-oriented solutions.
• Evaluate and select the right technologies, rapidly develop prototypes and oversee the technical aspects of systems development and operations.
• Manage the development process to ensure that design standards are being followed, application requirements are fully implemented, technologies are efficiently and correctly implemented, and a high level of maintainability and extensibility is achieved.
• Manage the execution and support multiple concurrent projects and ensure deadlines are met.
• Lead team meetings, stand-ups and architecture/design discussion.
• Serve as a mentor and coach for leads and developers, and either oversee and/or perform design code reviews of the technical work and coding.
• Continually be seeking to identify and recommend areas of improvement in our solutions, technology stacks, SDLC and development processes and take full managerial ownership to make them better.
• Perform other related duties as assigned
-Mentor and Knowledge transfer to client project team members
-Participate as primary, co and/or contributing author on any and all project deliverables associated with their assigned areas of responsibility
-Provide best practice and industry specific solutions
-Advise on and provide alternative (out of the box) solutions
-Provide thought leadership as well as hands on technical configuration/development as needed.
-Participate as a team member of the functional team
-Perform other duties as assigned.
Our priority is Linux>Development>AWS>Operations.
So our ideal candidate should have:
• AWS Experience. Provisioning IaaS/PaaS, Encryption, Monitoring and general knowledge of AWS offerings.
• Experience in managing multiple Linux flavors (RHEL preferred, CentOS and/or Ubuntu are a plus) and above average knowledge of Linux services such as SSSD, patching (YUM, APT) and encryption (DM-Crypt).
• Experience with any Desired State Config tool like Ansible, Chef or Puppet. Configuring a device with code. The language doesn’t matter as long as they understand the concept and can apply it, however PowerShell is preferred.
• Has to have a customer first mentality. Some experience interfacing with customers in a professional manner and in a corporate environment.
Develop software product architecture, deployment designs per best practices, utilize testing methodologies and state of the art tools as directed or in conjunction with company clients and present for their acceptance.
• Demonstrated success in actively contributing to large consulting projects.
• Effectively communicates to diverse technical and nontechnical audiences, including developers, technical leads, peer architects, delivery owners, business owners, senior leaders, etc.
• Experience with Cloud, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a service; micro-services architecture and architecture models is required.
• Experience in full life-cycle of software development or methodology using Agile Scrum/Kanban etc., requirements analysis, design, development, testing and implementation
• Guide global agile teams as they perform feature level design, development, testing, and performance analysis.
• Architect end-to-end solutions for multi layered applications on a variety of technology stacks
• Strong understanding of DevOps tools/process/methodologies
• 3+ Years in Architecture experience on AWS Cloud Platform – VPC, S3, Kinesis, Elasticsearch, Elastic Beanstalk, API Gateway, Dynamo DB
• 2+ Years in programs leveraging automation, continuous build and continuous deployment practices using tools such as Jenkins, VSTS, Cucumber, JMeter etc.
• 2+ Years in container platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes
• 1+ Years in automating infrastructure provisioning using CloudFormation, Terraform
• 1+ Years in building end to end products using Serverless Architectures (AWS Lambda)
• 1+ year of experience in designing and scaling cloud-based applications (Amazon Web Services).
• AWS Certification is a plus.
• 3+ Years of advanced knowledge in NodeJS, React & J2EE technologies
• Experience with Content Management Platforms (Adobe EM, Sitecore etc.)
• Experience with Behavior Driven Development (BDD) methodology and leveraging the appropriate tools.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776