Connexion Systems & Engineering, a Boston based IT and Engineering Solutions Company immediately seeks individuals with the following skills:
Date Posted: 11/13/2018
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: CD Operations Engineer
Location: Sunnyvale, CA 94089
Employment Type: Full Time, Contract
Pay Range: Open
Duration: 6 months
CD Operations Engineer
CD = Continuous Delivery
Looking for a highly motivated and energetic engineer to work in a fast-paced production environment.
This position will be in the CD Operations team who will work closely with the Software development, test, and lab teams with the integration of our code base. A high energy, high visibility position, we respond quickly to ensure smooth and continual operation of the CD system. Dealing directly with both Engineers and infrastructure stakeholders, we communicate clearly, completely, and quickly. As we deal with issues, we automate our way past them to increase system utility and responsiveness.
• Monitor CD/CI environment, proactively identifying and addressing problems
• Create/Enhance/Maintain CD/CI related scripts/tools as necessary
• Schedule and monitor regular software builds
• Support development teams with debugging/fixing build issues
• Coordinating with test teams for debugging/fixing test related issues
• A good understanding of the build system
• Provide technical support for developers with SCM/build related questions
• Help determine and promote CD/CI best practices throughout the company
• Track and help achieve development milestones by direct support of CD/CI systems
• Work with different teams to manage the integration of new projects and implement branching and merging strategies.
• 3+ years of SW Engineering, Build, and/or Test related experience
• Strong scripting (perl, python, bash or similar) skills required
• Web development – Java, PHP, JSP, Ruby On Rails etc (a plus)
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Strong internal Customer focus.
• Familiar with MySQL (a plus)
• Understanding of UNIX/Linux/C/C++/shell/make/packaging in a large environment.
• Extensive knowledge of Source Control systems; SVN, GIT, CVS.
• Experience with Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins, Electric Commander, Electric Accelerator)
• Ability to work with large groups of engineers in multiple geographies
- CONTROL SYSTEMS
- RUBY ON RAILS
- PROBLEM SOLVING
- PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENT
- SELF MOTIVATED
- SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT
- STRUCTURED SOFTWARE
- TECHNICAL SUPPORT
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776