Connexion Systems & Engineering, a Boston based IT and Engineering Solutions Company immediately seeks individuals with the following skills:
Date Posted: 11/8/2018
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer - EE
Location: Devens, MA 01432
Employment Type: Full Time, Contract
Pay Range: 50-55/hr. or 100-110K
Duration: 6 months – possibly to permanent
Manufacturing Engineer - EE
The Sr. Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the technical design, maintenance, and development of new and existing electromechanical production lines for a diverse portfolio of product offerings. The Manufacturing Engineer will establish electrical manufacturing and test processes by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials. Solving tactical production problems, designing and documenting test equipment and procedures, and providing a key engineering service to production for fulfilling business targets and tracking metrics is expected from this position. The Manufacturing Engineer functions as a champion for continuous process improvement, applying the key principles of Lean Six Sigma and plays a key role in support of the Quality Management System.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment. Confers and collaborates with fabricators, assemblers and technicians.
- Creates and implements functional and continuity tests for PCB and systems assembly using LabView software and electromechanical design.
- Responsible for creating product cable drawings and specifications working with design engineers.
- Partners with other engineers, such as software engineers, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, to ensure all product and system requirements are taken into account from the initial product conception to the finished result.
- Contributes to the process of design for manufacturing (DFM), design to cost (DTC).
- Design, develop, and document new product electrical and electromechanical production tests to verify functionality and quality.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout to reduce costs and cycle time while maintaining high standards of quality (yield, out-of-box, etc.).
- Create and maintain daily, weekly, and monthly metrics reports for production personnel, supervisors, managers, and site leaders as required.
- Identify, document, and perform preventative maintenance on test equipment as necessary.
- Participate in design reviews to ensure good manufacturing and serviceability requirements are met.
- Implement and oversee procedures to meet regulatory agency requirements to ensure safety, environmental, and design standards are met.
- Create and maintain Production Standard Work documents for new and legacy parts and assemblies.
- Provides training to Manufacturing and Field Service personnel.
- Supports day-to-day Operations through sustaining engineering. Investigates and solves problems affecting production.
- Develop Bills of Material, Purchasing Specs, Test Methods, Validation Protocols and Reports.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Education and Experience
- BS in Electrical, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of ten years of experience and LabView proficiency. Minimum five years of experience accepted with an advanced degree.
- Experience in electromechanical production environments solving manufacturing test related issues.
- Experience in Kaizens and lean manufacturing techniques.
- Experience developing LabView software for test automation/ATE.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification or equivalent experience is a plus.
- Experience using MRP software.
- Knowledge and prior experience working with Federal Department of Defense (DOD)/US Navy/Military (MIL), etc., and government contracting requirements.
- Knowledge of IPC-610, IPC-620 and J-STD standards is a plus.
Skills, Knowledge and Conditions
- Excellent computer skills with strong proficiency in Windows™ interface, Microsoft Office™ package (Microsoft Outlook®, Microsoft Excel®, Microsoft Word®, Microsoft PowerPoint®, Microsoft Access®), Microsoft Project.
- Understanding of Government contracting requirements, such as FAR, ITAR, etc., and demonstrated knowledge of business challenges and opportunities driven by technology and regulations unique to the Defense market.
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership and decision-making skills.
- Excellent analytical, project management and organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Must be able to exhibit a positive attitude and communicate clearly and effectively, and, most importantly, promote collaboration among the team by listening intently to what others are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and allowing others to speak without interruption.
- Must be available to travel.
Must be able to obtain a security clearance, if required.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776