Connexion Systems & Engineering, a Boston based IT and Engineering Solutions Company immediately seeks individuals with the following skills:
Date Posted: 11/6/2018
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Systems Engineer
Location: Worcester, MA
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Pay Range: 80-90K.
The Systems Engineer is required to configure, support, and maintain information technology systems throughout our organization. This is including but not limited to servers, networking equipment, printers, personal computers, and thin clients.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing and monitoring virtual servers, troubleshooting log-in and performance problems.
- Administer and maintain user accounts, permissions, and access rights to software, applications, and folders.
- Address all thin client and PC user issues: software installations, hardware problems, new thin client, desktop and laptop PC set ups.
- Install all new desktop and network printers.
- Address hardware/network issues and reassign and monitor progress on applications issues and other non-network related problems.
- Assist with software upgrades including engineering software, desktop applications, and operating systems.
- Network security: virus protection, manage firewalls, and security updates.
- Monitor backups for completion.
- Update, maintain, and test business continuity plan.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of VMware, Windows Operating Systems, Windows Terminal Services, Microsoft Exchange, Desktop applications (MS Office standard and Pro), Visio, and Linux operating system is required. Ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Additional skills preferred for the Systems Engineer are as follows: Net App, TSQL, SQL Server Report Manager, VB.net, Legacy Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows 2000, XP, and Windows 2003 Server), and Microsoft Dynamics GP.
Ideal candidate should have 8 or more years’ experience in a corporate environment maintaining and implementing information technology systems. A Bachelor’s degree is required. Certifications in Microsoft technologies, VMWare, and/or Cisco systems are preferred.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776