Connexion Systems & Engineering, a Boston based IT and Engineering Solutions Company immediately seeks individuals with the following skills:
Date Posted: 10/25/2018
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Enterprise Mainframe Architect
Job Location: Plano, TX
Employment Type: Full Time, Contract
Pay Range: 100-125/hr.
Duration: 3 months
Jira/Confluence/Bitbucket, Open Source frameworks, Monitoring services (such as AppDynamics), Containerization (using Docker) and integration with COT
Java EE, Angular JS, JQuery
.NET platform (C#, WCF, etc.)
SonarQube, PMD, FindBugs, CheckStyle, JSLint
Questions (must answer YES to ALL):
Mainframe ZOS application development and migration experience?
Working knowledge of mainframe technologies CICS, IMS DC, JCL, DB2, IMS DB, etc.?
Hands-on architecture/design for migrating mainframe applications to web applications that are highly scalable and built in enterprise environments?
• Ability to analyze current mainframe application inventory and set future state direction for those applications on modern technology platforms.
• Ability to create both current state and future state solution architecture documents detailing platforms, technologies used, integration and communication methods into and out of an application.
• Contribute to complete an overall Enterprise Architecture strategic plan. Establish, develop, and promote standard architecture, frameworks and guidelines.
• Analyze complex business and technical problems related to the implementation of new technology and/or the customization of existing technologies.
• Partner with other technology teams to work with business executives and end users to conceptualize new application projects, recommend technologies and implementation strategies. Then architect/design for requirements of the project within financial and timeline guidelines.
• Understand the changing business needs of the organization/projects and recommend viable strategies for the future.
• Author and/or Review architecture/design and other technical documents ensuring high quality deliverables and systems development across tech stacks and applications teams.
• Review code and technical approaches for problem solving to ensure functional and non-functional requirements are met in an effective and high-quality manner.
• Provide guidance and mentor technical teams across multiple architecture styles and technologies to ensure high quality design/implementation, re-use of enterprise/common patterns, improve code quality and testability/maintainability.
• Scrutinize project effort estimations from vendors driving down costs by ensuring standard design practices and removing duplication of effort.
• Hands-on development creating proof of concepts and maintaining small development projects.
• Help ensure high quality software delivery by providing guidance on testing strategy, providing technical consultation to plan/design performance testing and profiling of application, and providing feedback/guidance for tuning performance and other non-functional elements of the application.
• 5 to 10 years of experience of Mainframe Application migration to modern architectures (e.g. Cloud, J2EE, .Net, etc…).
• Multi-year / multi-project experience in following areas:
o Mainframe ZOS application development and migration experience.
o Working knowledge of mainframe technologies CICS, IMS DC, JCL, DB2, IMS DB, etc…
o High volume transactional applications – custom app or ASP/SaaS implementations
o Hands-on architecture/design for migrating mainframe applications to web applications that are highly scalable and built in enterprise environments.
o Web Services/ESB/Integration technologies including SOAP and REST based services.
o More than one RDBMS platforms (eg. DB/2, IMS DB, Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL).
• Demonstrable ability to self-manage time and priorities in a complex multi-team matrix environment while maintaining high-quality deliverables for oneself as well as your tech teams.
• Demonstrable ability to communicate in verbal/written and diagrams formats to technical and non-technical audiences of varying skillset and seniority.
• (a Plus) Experience in more than one IT discipline such as web/mobile application architecture/design, middleware/integration architecture/design within/across enterprises, information security architecture/design, and database architecture/design.
• (a Plus) Experience in Jira/Confluence/Bitbucket, Open Source frameworks, Monitoring services (such as AppDynamics), Containerization (using Docker) and integration with COTS products and/or legacy technologies.
• (a Plus) Experience in Java EE, Angular JS, JQuery, etc…
• (a Plus) Experience in .NET platform (C#, WCF, etc.)
• (a Plus) Code Quality systems: SonarQube, PMD, FindBugs, CheckStyle, JSLint
-Current and Future State roadmap
-Mentor and Knowledge transfer to client project team members
-Participate as primary, co and/or contributing author on any and all project deliverables associated with their assigned areas of responsibility
-Participate in data conversion and data maintenance
-Provide best practice and industry specific solutions
-Advise on and provide alternative (out of the box) solutions
-Provide thought leadership as well as hands on technical configuration/development as needed.
-Participate as a team member of the functional team
-Perform other duties as assigned.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776