Connexion Systems & Engineering, a Boston based IT and Engineering Solutions Company immediately seeks individuals with the following skills:
Date Posted: 10/15/2018
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Senior Cost Accountant
Job Location: Cumberland, RI
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Pay Range: 70-75K
Senior Cost Accountant
The Senior Cost Accountant is responsible for performing all daily and monthly cost accounting functions for all assigned areas. Also responsible for participating in monthly and year-end financial closings, product pricing functions, production variance analysis and other special projects, as requested by Manufacturing Cost Management.
Inventory Valuation and Reporting (45%)
- Reconcile book balances to general ledger balances monthly in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Toll Accounts metals and scrap reporting at vendor locations.
- Conduct quarterly review of obsolete and slow-moving inventory to identify potential reserve requirements.
- Make manual adjustments to transactions that do not have systematic types in place and identify the variability of where expenses should reside.
- Own reconciliation process for inventory balance sheet to GL.
- Manage ECN process in order to ensure proper set up of Bills of material
- Perform annual review and updates of standard setting
Financial Reporting (35%)
- Allocation of SVP into the proper cost centers throughout multiple work centers in manufacturing to allow for proper absorption reflecting production on account of the sites that produces it.
- Provide first level financial analysis on income statements and balance sheets against plan and/or prior year.
- Review expense accounts validating data to gain understanding of drivers of production charges.
- Record standard journal entries every month with other entries processed as needed.
- Measure progress against efficiency targets by cost center by period.
Other Responsibilities Include (20%)
- Special projects and analysis as required by Cost Accounting Manager and Facility Manufacturing Management team.
- Supporting process optimization and efficiencies.
- Collaborates with management to identify accounting variances, provide solutions and spearhead the implementation of strategic solutions.
- Provide on-the-job training to the Cost Account I & II positions.
- Provide support to Periodic Sox testing and review cycle as well as local site compliance matters
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 5+ years Cost Accounting or related financial experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; both verbally and written
- Must be available for up to 20% domestic travel to other manufacturing locations
- Must be willing to work flexible hours during monthly and year-end closings, as well as for special assignments when business needs require
- Knowledge of JD Edwards system and other support software/applications
- CMA (Certified Management Accountant)
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant)
- MBA (Master of Business Administration, Finance)
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776