Connexion Systems & Engineering, a Boston based IT and Engineering Solutions Company immediately seeks individuals with the following skills:
Principal Network Engineer
We are looking for a Principal Network Engineer who exemplifies the key attributes with a deep understanding across the network platform (on premise, hosted and cloud).
- Monitor existing application and infrastructure while working to improve existing monitoring
- Responsible for secure network design, establishing, and enforcing system standards
- Work alongside CloudOps engineers to achieve project milestones.
- Communicate effectively with project stakeholders and management.
- Develop and support processes to maintain uptime, SLAs and availability of critical platform components.
- Share the responsibility of supporting the environment and product during off-hours.
- Hand-on advanced knowledge of TCP/IP networking, load balancing, firewalls, HTTP, SSL, DNS, DHCP.
- Experience with load balancer configuration, F5 BigIP preferred
- Operational familiarity with Next Generation Firewalls (ie Palo Alto, Checkpoint, Fortinet)
- Deep Knowledge of routing and switching platforms including BGP, OSPF and EIGRP 10G/40G, L2/L3 connections, VLANs, IRF/Clustering.
Desired Experience and Skills
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP networking, load balancing, firewalls, HTTP, SSL, DNS, DHCP.
- Experience with Linux systems in an enterprise production environment
- Experience with network performance and failure monitoring/diagnostics practices and technologies.
- Experience working with Cloud services (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Experience working within IaaS and SaaS environments.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
Duration: 6 months
Locations: Burlington, MA
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776