Connexion Systems & Engineering, a Boston based IT and Engineering Solutions Company immediately seeks individuals with the following skills:
Data Intelligence Analyst
Looking for: Min 3 years’ experience with Microsoft SQL Server (2008+), experience creating and maintaining ETLs a plus, experience in healthcare RCM (Allscripts PM, etc.) environment preferred, experience with BI visual tools preferred.
The Data Intelligence Analyst will source, analyze, and report data to enhance business operations. The position will
support internal operational and coding teams working closely with other technical staff to understand the
requirements and translate those requirements into technical specs and project goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for developing data models and advanced data sources for use in Business Intelligence
visualization tools (Tableau) that help spot trends, identify issues, and further optimize internal operational
2. Work with current Insight Services team and other Technology departments to understand current data
warehouse structure and application databases, and then build custom queries
3. Build new databases, data warehouses, and other structures for use in the BI toolset
4. Closely monitor data extracts and perform optimization at different points in the data extract process
5. Understand user requests and be able to translate those requests into data sources
6. Adjusts workload as necessary to prioritize more urgent report and data requests related to quality of care
issues or other requests
7. Assists with business analysis and workflow documentation
8. Understand and help with the construction and maintenance of Tableau workbooks, as well as monitor
Tableau extracts on the server
9. Work in a team environment to meet deadlines and ensure department goals are met
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities perform the duties.
Education (Degrees, Certificates, Licenses, Etc.)
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
1. Minimum of 3 years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server (2008+), experience creating and
maintaining ETLs a plus
2. Experience building relational databases
3. Experience manipulating and analyzing large quantities of data
4. Experience or exposure to Business Intelligence tools not required but useful
5. Experience with Allscripts PM or any healthcare RCM (revenue cycle management) preferred, and any
experience in a healthcare information systems environment preferred
6. Experience with BI visual tools (Tableau, Power BI, Qlik, etc.) preferred
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability
1. Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
2. Demonstrated experience analyzing data, extracting relevant information and synthesizing strategic
conclusions into user-friendly reports
3. Ability to work independently and within a team environment
4. Superior organizational skills, with a disciplined approach to implementation, support and documentation
5. Hands-on approach with ability to deliver to commitments
6. Ability to work with layered and detailed, confidential material
7. Maintain sensitivity, maturity and flexibility in coping with challenging situations
8. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
9. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and
10. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
11. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram
12. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
13. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
14. Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time, use hands, talk, hear and occasionally walk and reach with hands
This position is located in a temperature-controlled office environment. The noise level in the work environment is
usually light to moderate.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Additional duties not included on this job description may be assigned by management at any time, based upon the
business needs of the Company. Employees must perform all such duties assigned to them as a condition of
employment. Likewise, this job description does not alter the at will nature of employment at the Company.
The Company may review and update this job description from time to time, as deemed necessary or appropriate in
its sole discretion.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
Duration: Contract to Permanent
Rate $27-37/hr. or $55-75K
Locations: Bedford, MA
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776