Update 08/08: Bose is looking for 3 Electrical Engineers (Level 2, 3 & 4) Here are some notes, from a recent exchange with the manager for the EE/Amp/Audio role. Here's his view of what the talent should be able to accomplish, based on their level of experience.
- A Level 2 engineer has minimal design expectations – typically this is a support role working on the bench (All in rates for this level would be $55-60 hour) 2 years exp.
- A Level 3 engineer is expected to be able to design a product with limited oversight leveraging existing designs
- A Level 4 engineer is expected to be able to design product from a clean sheet of paper
They are also open to having the level 3 & 4 Engineers work in Stow, MA, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan OR San Diego, CA – level 2 would need to work in Stow, MA
Job Title: Electrical Engineer (X3)
Pay Rates: $50.00-$55.00 (Flex on comp)
Duration: 12+ months
Location: Stow, MA
Interview process: 30 min Phone Screen, followed by either a Skype or Onsite interview with 3-4 people
Ready for your next career challenge? Come be a part of an industry leader, and push your talents. We’re searching for an innovative and passionate Electrical Engineer to join our Automotive New Product Development team. This group of uniquely talented Engineers is responsible for designing new state of the art automotive audio amplifiers.
What you’ll get to do:
- Develop new features and circuits to add innovative new capability, decrease cost/size/weight or increase quality/reliability for our automotive audio amplifiers
- Design and analyze circuits using simulation tools to produce well understood designs prior to building physical hardware
- Verify via test that designs meet all electrical requirements and have sufficient design margin for high quality in harsh automotive environments
- Follow the development processes, which include documenting requirements and designs, following and maintaining design guidelines, holding and documenting reviews, reporting test results, and creating debug and training guides
- Achieve project milestones and deliverables on time and on budget
Skills you’ll need to have an immediate impact;
- Experience with mixed signal and amplifier audio components.
- Automotive industry experience is a Plus
- Experience with Serial Data Bus protocols, such as, I2C, SPI, QSPI, USB, Ethernet.
- Experience with Digital Audio formats, such as, I2S, TDM, MOST
- Circuit design and analysis experience such as uCs, DSPs, analog amplifiers, switching and linear voltage regulators, and serial communication protocols
- Skills with lab equipment such as Oscilloscopes, Audio Analyzers, Signal Generators, Programmable Power supplies
- Experience with PCB routing for performance audio
- Experience designing, testing, and resolving issues with CISPR-25 EMC requirements
- BS in electrical or electronic engineering
- At least 5 years of electrical design experience
- Competency with circuit design/simulation tools such as PSpice, LTSpice, Spectre, Sigrity
- Schematic capture tool proficiency, Cadence experience highly desired