Connexion Systems & Engineering, a Boston based IT and Engineering Solutions Company immediately seeks individuals with the following skills:
Electrical Engineering Manager
The Electrical Engineering Manager will have the responsibility for overseeing the engineering and design of industrial process electrical distribution systems, including overseeing installation, assisting with commissioning, and start-up of new electrical distribution components or systems. All electrical engineers will report to the Electrical Engineering Manager. As the Manager of the group, the development of the electrical engineering staff and assigning projects to the staff is expected. The administration and management of capital projects is required as well as providing input in the development and execution of the company wide capital program. Assisting mill staff in diagnosing and rectifying operational problems with existing electrical infrastructure systems hardware and software may also be required. Travel and on-site support during project construction, commissioning, start-up, and operational improvement stages to US domestic and International sites should be anticipated.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leadership and oversight of projects assigned to the electrical engineering group. This may include managing the project schedule, cost, scope, and objectives.
- Development and training of the Electrical Engineers.
- Setting of company standards for the electrical distribution system.
- Effective execution and completion of assigned tasks as an Electrical Engineer of a team executing a larger project.
- Administration of assigned projects including the preparation of capital project requests, project status reporting, participating in and or conducting project meetings, coordination of construction activities, and project close-out reporting.
- Responsible for all stages of capital project engineering and design activity to include the development of alternative solutions to meet project objectives for presentation to management.
- Oversee construction work performed by mill maintenance and/or outside contractors during installation, commissioning, and start-up of assigned projects.
- Ensure adherence of established safety policies and practices.
- Conduct training of operations and maintenance personnel as needed.
- Assist mill maintenance and production departments in troubleshooting and correction of equipment and electrical problems
- It is essential that the person have access to ITAR and other export controlled information. The candidate should be either a US citizen or green card holder.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the electrical distribution industry and/or an industrial consulting engineering design firm with relevant hands on experience, including project management experience. Electrical distribution in the paper industry preferred.
- International project experience desirable.
- Professional engineering license preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate preferred.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
Rate 120-150K Plus Bonus
Locations: Walpole, MA
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776